Military Knowledge for main board

hi gents.

as my main board approaches the one thing I'm concerned about is the military knowledge aspect. My CSM tells me it'll be an addition to the MAP tests and not in interview.

my main concern is that I never attended cadets or wellbeck etc and so feel that my military knowledge is lacklustre and I'm not sure about how I'm meant to proceed in brushing up on it.

any help and insight would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Bris

LE
I'd have a look at the current structure of the army (divisions, brigades etc), ranks, current operations, major bits of kit used. Have a look on the Army & MOD websites. There are also many, many, many threads asking this question on here - search box is on the top right hand side.

I'd also look at working on your written English, if it's anything near the quality of your typing.

Board: So, what's you Military Knowledge like?

OP: Where do you want me to start?

Board: At the beginning?

OP: Okiedokey. First there was a big bang. Then the Earth cooled. Then the dinosaurs came.

Board: Get out!

I'd have a look at the current structure of the army (divisions, brigades etc), ranks, current operations, major bits of kit used. Have a look on the Army & MOD websites. There are also many, many, many threads asking this question on here - search box is on the top right hand side.

I'd also look at working on your written English, if it's anything near the quality of your typing.

thank you for the help. Sorry I'm new. Will do so before making future threads.

I wasn't aware that my written English was of poor quality though. could you elaborate for me?

Also The British Army Guide should give some background and is slightly easier to navigate than the website.

I have the 2015 edition. Would i be expected to know everything inside completely? It seems like a lot to take in.

thank you for the help. Sorry I'm new. Will do so before making future threads.

I wasn't aware that my written English was of poor quality though. could you elaborate for me?

I have the 2015 edition. Would i be expected to know everything inside completely? It seems like a lot to take in.

Try using CAPITAL letters where appropriate. That's a good start

Considering I'm just typing on an internet forum I didn't think i'd be under such scrutiny. Happy? But seeing as we're being pedantic I put a full stop on the end of your post for you.
Good comeback sharky with that attitude you'll fit right into the Army no bother.

Yes you're right you are just writing on a forum but unfortunately grammar nazis do seem to appear sometimes.

Good luck !

Last edited:

Tyk

LE
Good comeback sharky with that attitude you'll fit right into the Army no bother.

Yes your right you are just writing on a forum but unfortunately grammar nazis do seem to appear sometimes.

Good luck !

You want to fix the your to you're error or shall I send an invoice?

Bris

LE

Note that I said 'If'.

In my experience, those that have poor typed English match it with their written English. If this isn't the case, and only you [and AOSB] can judge - you will spend plenty of time typing as a junior officer, so it's best to be prepared.

Note that I said 'If'.

In my experience, those that have poor typed English match it with their written English. If this isn't the case, and only you [and AOSB] can judge - you will spend plenty of time typing as a junior officer, so it's best to be prepared.

No i'm just a lazy informal typist. Thanks for the advice though, it's all appreciated and taken on board.

Thanks. I'm sure your troops will love you.

I'm sure they will too. Thanks for the encouragement!

Be sure to let them know you are a hunt saboteur and you know all the acronyms for UK trade unions.

Latest Threads