Military intervention in Syria is "not a remote possibility"

Not really a surprise as there is nothing that little rat wants to get a part of....Oil for example.But, wash out my mouth, thats not why we are involved with Libya is it? No, we're protecting the civilians that Gaddafi is attacking and thats definitely not what Assad is doing in Syria.....Oh, wait a minute yes it is.

Ah, but we would get involved in Syria in order to save innocent civilian lives, but whereas we can afford wars in Afghanistan and Lybia, and will almost certainly win, another war in Syria might stretch our financial capabilities........

P

pp0470

Listened to William Vague been interviewed on Radio4 today programme.

I swear he almost laughed when interviewer asked about Arab League nations contribution to Libyan air campaign: apparently 2 planes were sent, but 'got lost' and had to return to base.

I read somewhere that the isrealies(don't think thats spelled correctly) where waiting till the summer was over and they were going to have a go at them and the Iranians. Lets let someone else take the burdeon for a change

who cares? its another war that doesnt concern us, we'll slap some sanctions on them to salve our consciences and move on. after the ongoing balls up that is Libya we wouldnt even try bombing them.

I haven't read the linked article, nor have I heard Vague on the radio, so I don't know what he actually said. However, your thread title can be read in 2 ways, one of which suggests that an uplift of the MTP contract may be in order...

Checking out the vids online, I keep seeing a chap running round with nowt but nunchuckas in his back pocket.....

Thats the equivalent of going over the top with an umbrella

hmm...how strange....I have a letter from 10 downing street after I complained to them about getting involved in Libya explaining how they were protecting civilians. Now there are civilians that need protecting in another country, they can't be arrsed. So why start protecting civilians in Libya in the first place?

can state sanctioned asassination not be brought back

Work out where the snide googly eyed ****** is and zap him with a big one

Cheaper than a full campaign and hopefully removes the ruling class family in a oner as they BBQ in their palace

well I'm going back in eighteen days...

wouldn't mind some ****ing back up.......WHO'S WITH ME FELLAS......Looks back expectantly...no dice

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
well I'm going back in eighteen days...

wouldn't mind some ****ing back up.......WHO'S WITH ME FELLAS......Looks back expectantly...no dice
Sorry I can't go as I am now retired :) However I can send a comforts for the troops box with a balaclava, gloves, chocolate bars and other stuff needed in the trenches. Please send address and pictures of nekkid wimmin to ensure quick reply.

hmm...how strange....I have a letter from 10 downing street after I complained to them about getting involved in Libya explaining how they were protecting civilians. Now there are civilians that need protecting in another country, they can't be arrsed. So why start protecting civilians in Libya in the first place?
Don't be obtuse. Just because we can't do everything doesn't mean that we should do nothing.

can state sanctioned asassination not be brought back

Work out where the snide googly eyed ****** is and zap him with a big one

Cheaper than a full campaign and hopefully removes the ruling class family in a oner as they BBQ in their palace
I thought this was about Syria not the **** Brown ;-)

Don't be obtuse. Just because we can't do everything doesn't mean that we should do nothing.
Why should we do anything. These are civil wars. Intervening in civil wars is not a good thing. Just look at Bosnia and Kosovo. Yes the wars have stopped for the moment, but Kosovo is going tits up and it won't take a lot for Bosnia to go the same way. The best way to resolve a civil war is for them to get it sorted out themselves, otherwise there will be years and years of tension etc.

Also, we intervene in Libya, help the rebels win....the next thing the place is overrun by Islamic fundamentalists. Watch these Arab countries find an Islam that is stronger and more fundamental then they were prior to the so called Arab spring.