Military intervention in Syria is "not a remote possibility"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by msr, Aug 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. Not really a surprise as there is nothing that little rat wants to get a part of....Oil for example.But, wash out my mouth, thats not why we are involved with Libya is it? No, we're protecting the civilians that Gaddafi is attacking and thats definitely not what Assad is doing in Syria.....Oh, wait a minute yes it is.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ah, but we would get involved in Syria in order to save innocent civilian lives, but whereas we can afford wars in Afghanistan and Lybia, and will almost certainly win, another war in Syria might stretch our financial capabilities........

4. Listened to William Vague been interviewed on Radio4 today programme.

I swear he almost laughed when interviewer asked about Arab League nations contribution to Libyan air campaign: apparently 2 planes were sent, but 'got lost' and had to return to base.

5. I read somewhere that the isrealies(don't think thats spelled correctly) where waiting till the summer was over and they were going to have a go at them and the Iranians. Lets let someone else take the burdeon for a change

6. who cares? its another war that doesnt concern us, we'll slap some sanctions on them to salve our consciences and move on. after the ongoing balls up that is Libya we wouldnt even try bombing them.

7. I haven't read the linked article, nor have I heard Vague on the radio, so I don't know what he actually said. However, your thread title can be read in 2 ways, one of which suggests that an uplift of the MTP contract may be in order...

8. Checking out the vids online, I keep seeing a chap running round with nowt but nunchuckas in his back pocket.....

Thats the equivalent of going over the top with an umbrella

9. hmm...how strange....I have a letter from 10 downing street after I complained to them about getting involved in Libya explaining how they were protecting civilians. Now there are civilians that need protecting in another country, they can't be arrsed. So why start protecting civilians in Libya in the first place?

10. can state sanctioned asassination not be brought back

Work out where the snide googly eyed ****** is and zap him with a big one

Cheaper than a full campaign and hopefully removes the ruling class family in a oner as they BBQ in their palace

• Like Like x 1
  11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

• Like Like x 1
  12. well I'm going back in eighteen days...

wouldn't mind some ****ing back up.......WHO'S WITH ME FELLAS......Looks back expectantly...no dice

13. I'd go with you, but am busy in other hot parts.....well not really busy.

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sorry I can't go as I am now retired :) However I can send a comforts for the troops box with a balaclava, gloves, chocolate bars and other stuff needed in the trenches. Please send address and pictures of nekkid wimmin to ensure quick reply.

15. The Libyan opposition asked for assistance; the Syrian opposition has not.