Military Intelligence sections

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by duggan123, May 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Alright all,
    Im new to this forum and i was just wondering if theres any Military Intelligence sections in london and what is the intelligence section for 1 mechanized brigade?

2. I'm getting my popcorn and soda ready;this should be a good one!!
  3. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Get a taxi to the In and Out Club and ask for THE Major and wink knowingly at Harry or Paul on the desk. Otherwise, nip down to Horseguards and wait. You must carry a Daily Telegraph, folded between pages 5 and 6, Please report back on your findings.
  4. The section is the group of intelligencers responsible for helping the commander make his decisions. No need to thank me.
  5. Knock three times and shout bollocks
  6. Tsk tsk. You forgot the black bowler hat and red carnation. Are you trying to make the poor lad look silly?

7. Christ, it's not October again already, is it? For the record, from Hitler's Birthday until VJ Day Eve, it's a wetsuit with a bunch of long-stemmed roses, from VJ Day until End Of Market Garden Day, it's bespoke suit and flip flops and the black bowler and red carnation run until False Prophet's Birthday.
  8. Bugger. :roll:

Of course it is - I quite forgot that 2011 was a prime number. Carry on Sir.

9. Bugger. Knew something was wrong. Wearing carnation, wetsuit and bowler. No wonder I waited so long for a response.
  10. HHH

HHH LE

If you don't know, you wouldn't be much use to them in Military Intelligence, now would you?
  11. No, mate. That's only you. And you forgot the half-empty can of Tesco Super Lager.

Sent from my brown paper bag, next to the Big Pizza Shed bins, Borough High Street
  12. Did you just call my half-smoked Number 6 which I was keeping for later, a pouff?

--Glad, hunkered down behind the Palestra building, Southwark.
  13. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Oddly enough I used to command the Int Section at 1 Bde, but I can't remember just now what it was called... maybe if you crossed my palm with silver?
  14. Oh Come on Boys lets help the poor chap here - he may well think we're trying to put him off !

The Military Intelligence Section for London is known as MI-2 and goes under the codename of HOPLITE. It is located in the Henry VIII Suite in Horseguards, next door to the Major General Commanding the Household Division.

Visitors are generally welcomed by appointment which can be gained by writing to the OC HOPLITE, Horseguards, Whitehall, London and leaving the letter in the boot of the right hand Mounted Trooper from the Household Cavalry Regiment.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Brutal! You could tell him the section numbers/names because by the time you've hit 'enter' they will have changed anyway.