Military hospitals stretched to the limit

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Line_Grunt, Mar 19, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No surprises here.  The medics have been patiently explaining to us all that this was the situation for the last 10 years.  They have been grossly under funded and grossly under appreciated.
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Glad to see The Scotsman with it's finger on the pulse! This was old news 10 years ago!
  3. Think it is more to do with bringing it back to the forefront of peoples minds especially as 1st Armd had 2 Scottish Units in it - though do fully agree that this story has been told many times before......
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Maybe it may spur famillies to write to Buff Hoon to sort it out once and for all. The RAMC Board contains enough points for him to be going on with.
  5. Question is, where are we going to get the medics for any follow on operation / peace keeping?  There aren't any left, well just a handfull.  I think this assistance is going to have to come from some of our allies.  Perhaps even those who have not been at all supportive up to now!  We may see German or French Fd Hosps in support.  I understand from the press that the Swedes have a hospital ready to go, but it may well be involved in purely humanitarian aid and want to avoid dealing with the alliance military.
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I am available for weekends and every second Thursday! Maybe I should give Maj K a ring!
  7. We regularly try to bring allied field hospitals in as soon as possible to relieve the pressure - such as the Czech hospital in Afghanistan.

These are inspected first, and have to be cleared by the Med branch at PJHQ.