Military Hair Brush

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by blackmetallic, Aug 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently issued to Officers at some point, but recently have seen them for sale in independant pharmicies.

Can they still be procured as I want one?
  2. You want a hair brush?
  3. They're available in Independant pharmacies? So go and buy one then you tight arrsed git!
  4. Maybe he has military hair.

5. Who wants military hair?

'FAAAAALLLL..... OUT!!!'
  6. Trumper's in London do them and probably sell them on their internet site.

If it's a 'tactical' hairbrush you want, try ebay.
  7. 'That hair there! Yes YOU! Stannup STRAIGHT, you 'orrible little follicle you...'
  8. He must be a "donky-walloper".
  9. Is that in case you get into a hairy situation with the enemy?
  10. I dont have a military hairbrush, but I do have a military watch. Shite timekeeper but it does keep telling me to get a haircut.
  11. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

All soldiers used to be issued a hairbrush, oval shaped with whalebone bristles, plus a tooth brush, polish on brush, polish off brush, clothes brush, blanco brush, button brush and shaving brush. The British brush industry must have been devastated when the WD stopped issuing them. Being a spotter I have some dated 1907 and they are of very good quality and use a 1950s dated polish off brush everyday.
  12. This seems a non sequitur to me. If one has a proper military haircut why would you have any need for a brush, except perhaps for the run on ones back and shoulders?

13. JJH

Can you lot perhaps provide some more, comprehensive guidance?

Just toooo woolly, Colonel, and easily open to misinterpretation.
  14. I was confident you would enjoy that--and that is not all of the regulations mind you. We even have prohibitions on carrying umbrellas, hands in pockets, wearing more than one ring on a finger etc.