Military Force and Observers Medal

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by wayner1970, Apr 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question, I have seen a picture of a medal ribbon which has a boad orange band followed by a thin dark green, then broad white, then thin green then broad orange (sorry long winded i know). I believe it is the Military Force and Observers Medal. Can anyone tell me where in the British army this could have been earnt and whether it is permitted to wear it? Curiosity only no axe to grind no one to bubble.
  2. It sounds like the Multi-National Force and Observers (MFO) Medal earned for service in the Sinai (Egypt). The British Army had a small contingent there at El Arish (El Gorah) - I was one of the last to go there (also there was a small det at Sharm El Sheik (sp), Cairo and Tel Aviv) up until Oct 93 :D Do you have a picture to confirm my suspicions :? We all got the medal but were not allowed to wear it.
  3. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Funny you should mention that, only last weekend in Ypres - see ARRSE WW1 tour thread - Inf/MP had one of these. Try PMing him about it or wait and see if he spots this and replies. Or I'll ask him in the pub next week :)
  4. As a paid up member of HM slippers and pipe brigade. Anyone awarded that medal has the right to wear it whenever they see fit! Especialy under the Menin Gate Memorial, wreath laying. What serving soldiers can wear is one thing, what civvies can wear is another! :wink:
  5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I think in Inf/MPs case he is actually from New Zealand, and the Queen has authorised Kiwis to wear the medal so he is well within his rights to sport it on his rack.