Military Fines - where do they go?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by biffins-bridge, Nov 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Years ago I heard that all military fines went to charity, either the Army Benevolent Fund or the Royal Hospital in Chelsea if I remember. I’d like to think that all that cash raised from squaddies for the heinous crime of losing an MOD 90 or crashing a vehicle goes to some good cause; does anyone know whether this was just an urban myth?

2. Urban myth. It all ends up at the treasury.

3. Cheers, I thought as much. Could class it as a 'tapping the boards tax' then I suppose!

4. Out of interest then... are they tax deductable?

5. Mil fines go to HM Treasury "For the purpose of reducing the national debt"

In reality they just go into the gubment's bucket

6. In one unit in BAOR the adjutant got posted and a new one took up the post. It was during the handover that it was discovered that the previous adj had never had his appointment as subordinate commander published in Part 2 Orders. The result of which was, if he remanded you for CO's no change, if he dealt with the offence himself then the charge was wiped out and any mil fines repaid! Cue a serious bender because I had been in a lot of shit!

7. You military criminal you!

8. If I knew then that it didnt go to good causes I would never have got caught!