Military experts believe the islands are now virtually impregnable. (Falklands)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by smee106, Feb 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. are these British "military experts" from the same stable as the military experts who said Singapore was impregnable?

Not to mention the Maginot Line
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I think so, must of had a couple of G&T's too many !
  3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Oh, no. Not another bloody Falklands thread. I'm writing to my MP to ask if we can just nuke Buenos Aires, just so there's no more ******* threads about the Falklands. Some twat will be along in a minute going on about obsolete aeroplanes.
    • Like Like x 13
    • Like Like x 13
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

He better be bloody careful when the bennies are around. That's one beauty of sheep.
  5. Don't worry our Typhoons will be able to defend the islands. The Argentine aircraft are all obsolete you know.

Happy now?
  6. In short: No stronghold is impregnable. The USMC could probably manage an invasion. The important thing is that there's **** all chance the Argies could take them even if they could deploy everything they've got in a sneak attack, which they couldn't do without our detecting something anyway.

Now **** off and stop starting shit threads that have been done a million times before.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Very good point - the USMC probably could manage an invasion as the world's foremost experts in blue on blue...
    • Like Like x 1
  8. No doubt you will post something to back that comment up? Bearing in mind of course that armed forces of all nations have examples of blue on blue.

I'm sure you'll also take care to express the number of blue on blues that the USMC have had as a percentage of the number of assets they had deployed at the time.
  9. It's just my perception, perhaps media reporting (certainly in Europe) distorts the stats to it's own advantage?

I certainly won't dispute that every nation has examples of blue on blue, certainly we (UK) have well documented examples of our own.

Interesting point you make about looking at it as a ratio of assets deployed, perhaps that's why the numbers are usually so much greater (thinking Desert storm with 31 injured in one incident).

Anyhoo, it was an attempt at humour - if it touched a nerve (seemingly) then I do apologise, and am always happy to be corrected :)
  10. They've got some of those nice Harrier jump jets now as well!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Just turn the Falklands into a windswept, backward, freezing shithole in the middle of nowhere and then the Argies won't want it.

Oh wait a minute!!!!
    • Like Like x 4
  12. But the newspaper reported that they will be on standby to “engage and neutralise” any “real and credible” threat and have weapons including high-velocity Minimi semi-automatic assault rifles, gasloading pistols and stun grenades.

Journo's gotta love them!!