Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by fireflyproductions, Nov 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Are you a confident, hands on individual with military experience?

The Discovery Channel are looking for a unique onscreen character with impressive credentials to work with a team of engineers and other experts for an exciting new TV series which will explore the ‘breaking point’ of a range of different objects on a massive scale – from fuel trucks to aeroplanes. Some background and/or understanding of engineering principals is desirable. Would particularly like to hear from Special Forces, bomb disposal experts, engineers, mobility troop.

Please apply to with a one page CV, photo and a few lines about why you are the right person for our show.
  2. How much does it pay? Do you get to blow stuff up? Do you get to work with a good looking female co-star?
  3. No shock that you got in here first Tiffy.
  4. Yeah. I'm sure THEY will be first in the que to send you a CV with all their details and a Photo.
  5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Please define I am not a twin and therefore the only person in the world with my genetic makeup I would count myself as unique...just don't want to waste your time if what you actually means is 'bizarre hair, slightly mad and drools a bit when given explosives, therefore will give us a wacky angle to a otherwise boring and inaccurate program'

p.s. i'm in a bad mood today and you just got in the way.
  6. I'll do it, provided I don't have to be filmed. It'd steal my soul, you see.
  7. You have a soul? :twisted:
  8. They are also looking for "a very special female engineer" hubba hubba

I'm not at all what you are after but I would like to destroy things while a female presenter ooohs and aaahhhs at me :clap:
  9. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Wonder if mad mike 'the para' golden's applied? After all, he is speshul farces trained!
  10. Look no further than the Hamster.

TV work - Nema Problema

Ex SF - Check (Mobility AND Air Troop)

Blows stuff up - Check (Himself Included)

Hung like a Rhinoceros and on a direct line to God if rumour is to be believed.

Richard Hammond - For when you absolutely, positively got to kill everyone in the Room?

Accept no substitutes.
  11. hire woody all though not unique he's managed to test the breaking point of a wide variety of MOD equipment and what he's failed to break he's lost :twisted:
  12. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I take it that Dick Strawbridge is too expensive now?
  13. Of course! I got my Soul from my Godfather.

Git up-ah! Git-on up-ah! Aaaaoooow!
  14. Hello lads - to answer your questions...

a) Yes, you would get to blow stuff up
    b) The glamourous world of television is awash with good looking women
    c) It is a paid position, but aren't explosions and hot chicks enough?!

Seriously, anyone you know who might fit the bill, please encourage them to get in touch.

15. Amy,

are you fit?

I'm not wasting my time on applications till you show me the moolah.

How much are we talking?

Edited to add: seen as you have a london phone number would you like to discuss over lunch (you'd be paying).