Military Exercises and Hearts and Minds

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by letfmyendok, Mar 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst I am not a Journa I am researching for an opinion piece about how the Military goes overseas and conducts valuable military training whilst making improvements to the local community. I know that this would particually apply to Medics or Engineers or Logistics people but i also understand that the Infantry do their bit.

I understand that it has happened in Africa lots and in Jamaica at times - a friend in the Infantry mentioned an exercise which combines Jungle training in Jamaica with a 'community project'

Any honest help would be much appreciated. I certainly don't want to be reporting inaccuracies. Would an approach centrally to the MOD be worthwhile. I understand that they might be able to give me a list of courtries where the Army deploy on humanitarian assistance tasks.

Kind Regards

2. I suggest phoning 192 and asking for the number of your local Army media officer, there they may help you better, than asking soldiers something their not allowed to do with out their local officer directing them first.

Sometimes its because we care to help other people get by.
  3. Go to the MOD website and look for the Press Centre:

MOD Website

I suggest the "Find Research Information" page...

They will want to know your credentials!