MILITARY ESTABLISHMENTS NEAR BURY ST EDMUNDS

Anybody know of any other military establishments close to Bury St Edmunds? I've got RAF Honington close by but is small and RAF Marham which is a hour away.

Believe it or not I would rather stay in the mess than arrse around with non-availabilities and hotels.

Thanks in advance

Wimbish, 33 EOD about an hour away. Thetford Training area. Wattisham

Honington has a decent amout of accomodation though, its not that small, have you even asked if they have any free accom?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Waterbeach, about an hour away. But, it's full of Royal Engineers. And slugs.

old_fat_and_hairy said:
The fishing is good though

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
re-stilly said:
old_fat_and_hairy said:
The fishing is good though
Depends on whom you want to catch.

Yep there is definitely some 6 fingered, webbed toed hippocrocapigs in Waterbeach. Mind you handy for Cambridge and all the students.

re-stilly said:
Yep there is definitely some 6 fingered, webbed toed hippocrocapigs in Waterbeach. Mind you handy for Cambridge and all the students.
I'll have you know i have only the requisite number of fingers!! Toes are a bit 'flippery' mind you!

At least you are not from Ely that really would have me worried, they have an extra nose for a snorkel so they can negotiate the drains.

aah you see, there's the thing! I'm not FROM there i just spent the odd weekend there putting Sluggy to bed!!

bigbird67 said:
aah you see, there's the thing! I'm not FROM there i just spent the odd weekend there putting Sluggy to bed!!
So you're not a Fens native then, at least that is a plus point. There are some severely strange people out that way.