MILITARY ENGINEER COMMUNICATIONS?help

You get more options for civvy street as a Res Spec. Buyers for the construction industry are in demand as are warehouse managers.

plant_life said:
You get more options for civvy street as a Res Spec. Buyers for the construction industry are in demand as are warehouse managers.
Raul's Rose Garden, Ladyville, Belize :? :? :? :?

Not establishments the signallers go to I hear. From what I gather they prefer the sangers on Thursday nights .......

Another signaller here, although i dont "love" my trade I do enjoy the fact that I actualy use my trade unlike brickies, sparkies etc who tend to spend their days in their rooms playing CoD

Like any trade though its got its ups and downs if you go 23 or 24 youre more appreciated there than with normal units, even if you stay a "crap hat" like me. I loved my posting there despite the frequent reminders about the colour of my beret.

SuperSapper said:
Another signaller here, although i dont "love" my trade I do enjoy the fact that I actualy use my trade unlike brickies, sparkies etc who tend to spend their days in their rooms playing CoD

haha i dont mind that becuse while there on exercise in the shivering cold stagging on im in my heated land rover with my ipod watching zulu dawn. and getting my much needed 8 hours kip.

SuperSapper said:
haha i dont mind that becuse while there on exercise in the shivering cold stagging on im in my heated land rover with my ipod watching zulu dawn. and getting my much needed 8 hours kip.
S_S instead of watching films fella try doing some basic english revision. :wink:

A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
SuperSapper said:
S_S instead of watching films fella try doing some basic english revision. :wink:
Oh I do apologise you're quite right I should concentrate more on my English, oh wait I'm a Spr not an officer. Besides my 1st language is txt tlk so i can abb. e.thin, i can speak propa chav all i wan 2 init.

Besides there is nothing more important than revising the factual events of the film Zulu, well not to an Engineer fella.

Wow, a scaley with a chip on his shoulder. That's new!! ;)

SuperSapper said:

SuperSapper said:
Oh I do apologise you're quite right I should concentrate more on my English, oh wait I'm a Spr not an officer. Besides my 1st language is txt tlk so i can abb. e.thin, i can speak propa chav all i wan 2 init.

Besides there is nothing more important than revising the factual events of the film Zulu, well not to an Engineer fella.
you will need more than good luck on your clm education cse's then. :twisted:

looney said:
They are called Scaly Backs for a reason..
Why is that then :wink:

If I may, I was a Cbt Signaller for 22 years and had a f*cking ball. I can honestly say if I had to start again I would do the same.

The lads (can I say that :D ) above are quite right it is not for everyone, however, neither is oggying, digging big holes or building stuff.

Everyone on here will have a view that is slightly coloured by their own trade and their own experiences.

I would suggest that if you are in for the long haul, the trade skills you learn in 2010 will not be that applicable in the 2030’s and you probably won’t want to be a labourer (as in hands on tradesman) at that stage in your life anyway. However as you progress you will get the supervisory and management skils/quals in your chosen area so to be fair you will gain other skills

Now for the bit where really open myself up for abuse :x . In my opinion if your looking toward the future the best route is Clerk of Works/MPF (google them). These guys really do get some serious transferable qualifications.

Signalling is like marmite and you will certainly get a whole raft of different opinions, the only advice I can give is totry and listen to those that are currently doing the job like Nightrained (god that hurt :D ). The rest of us can only offer opinion

CAARPS said:
Now for the bit where really open myself up for abuse :x . In my opinion if your looking toward the future the best route is Clerk of Works/MPF (google them). These guys really do get some serious transferable qualifications.
no doubt about that CAARPS, however you can gain very good quals within your trade & by asking to do cse's outwith brompton you can add to your trade knowledge also by using your slc/elc effectively you can easily gain yourself enough relevant quals to have a very good cv by the time you leave the corps

Knocker I completely agree, the only bit lacking if you spend time in the wrong units (by that I mean those that don’t do a lot of trade stuff) will be the on the job experience compared possibly to your civilian peer.

But that could probably be said about a lot of trades throughout the army

plant_life said:
The Clk Wks and MPF courses are known as the best resettlement courses the Corps has to offer!
and more and more cone-heids are getting the quals doing the restriction & popping smoke to civ div.

Well with records canning some of the Div HQ posts to form another Wks Gp who wants to do endless postings at 170?