Military Engineer (Command, Communications and Information)

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by greengoblin, Jul 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi advice needed,

Is anyone currently in this trade. I was wondering if anyone could give me the 'Real' story. Not just the party line.

i.e.

What postings are available? How many tours do you get? How many girls are in your trade? How hard a job is it for females? Is it on higher pay band? What are the promotion prospects, How long on average to each rank? How are you treated generally? What is your day to day routine?

Thanks x

2. Please someone reply..................

3. I was in this trade, however not RE anymore, (in mind I am).

If it interests you then do it, probably in fact it does offer more variety than R Sigs. You go on tour just as much as everyone else.

I enjoyed it, everyones different however so your first choice might not be someone elses. Research it and do what you think is right.

4. Good promotion prospects from LCPL and above. There is 2 or 3 girls in the whole trade, so not many at all.

High band pay like all Engineers, day to day life? Differs, usally not alot unless on exercise.

5. promotion into trade posts you mean....so in reality not so good

some would disagree!!!! :twisted: :D

only high band until Sgt.

6. some would disagree!!!! :twisted: :D

i can see your train of thought Cdn_Spr :wink: :D :wink: :D

7. Why only high band till SGT? Jacking on us sigs.

8. you have no need to worry fella, you were lucky to make sapper so i hear.

9. nightrained passed your fitness test yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. So you hear? :?

I done well on B3.

11. did you ''done well'' at english too??

in answer to your previous query, any one who is not a B1 Cbt Engr at Sgt goes to low band pay. so most of the corps basically, all Ftr/Des trades, Plant/MT and bleeps.

12. I could be wrong as I'm not a mud muppet, but I think the planties fought there case a few years ago reference the low/high band issue as Sgt's and won, the scaling was changed for them I believe. I could be talking out my arrse mind you, so we will wait to hear from a diesel waster in due course.

I feel some incoming coming my way. Ah well :p

13. Sorry for daring to mention a non-RE trade on here, but you could also do worse than look into the Royal Signals Information Systems Engineer, trade. No career obstacles for girls at all (a friend of mine in that trade just got promoted to WO1 recently and she's awesome). Its's not everyone's cup of tea being a black belt in Microsoft and spending most of their career configuring computer networks but certainly worth consideration. I'm more than willing to act as a point of contact if anyone's interested.

Have a nice day now :D

14. Planties go down to low band for the rank of SSgt and then back up once they have there WO

Edited to add I wasted 1200 liters of diesel this week, that Fcuked my carbon foot print