Military Discipline and Import Duty on Duty free goods for Military Personnel

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have done something illegal then go to the relevent authorities with any proof that you have.

For industrial scale smuggling of ciggie's that would be to Her majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC). They used to have a tip line so you could call anonymously.

For any illegal acts such as threatening behaviour contact the local police.

If the individual is still a serving officer then both those organisations will contact the relevent military authorites to inform them of an investigation.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
In combat do i want to be alongside somebody who has smuggled some cigarettes with him? I can see somebody with these skills being quite a handy person to know to be honest.
1978 I decided I needed to bring my motorcycle to Paderborn from Sunderland so I sprung an Easter leave pass on the Regimental Signals Officer, my troop leader. Coincidentally he was going home on leave and offered a lift in his clapped out Beetle. I jumped at the offer.

Off the ferry in the UK, he told me to pretend to be asleep as we went through Customs. "Why?"

"So you don't look guilty and they decide to search and find the six bottles of scotch and all the cigarettes in the boot."

"Thanks a bunch. Why didn't you just not tell me?"

I worked with him quite happily for three years. Last time I saw him was a JC's funeral about ten years ago. He'd become something big in the City. Not a bad bloke for a cavalry officer.

Firm but fair
Too right, these corrupt, morally bankrupt lawbreakers need a stern punishment. The full force of the law should be brought down on these miscreants. The Army should rid itself of corrupt officers.

No one gets to muscle in on my territory.

Hi all,

First of all I wanted to say that I am a civilian interfering bellend who has and axe to grind against a Squaddie who is shagging my wife. What I would like to do it stitch him up without having to confront him face to face as he may kick seven shades of shit out of me. I am a spineless weasel and am quoting values and standards, something I know nothing about in order to justify my being a total ******* weasel. I am a ****.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The RMP are the Royal Military Police, **** them, they are useless, go straight to the civvie police.
Nail the ****** to the wall.
Only because he's cutting into your business. :D

ETA: Just saw your last line, damn your self mockery stealing my punchline.

I've seen many exciting ways to defy custom regulations. Best one is taking the CBRN filter out a CVR(T) and replacing it with duty free. They're not allowed to open it 'cos CBRN. Hah.

So the person has been sanctioned by the Police and you wish for them to be further sanctioned (again).

If someone at Tesco said something disrespectful, would you go all Mumsnet at their bosses ?

D

Deleted 159984

First of all you are all wrong. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY EX OR ANYONE HAVING RELATIONSHIPS WITH PARTNERS/EXS ETC.
IT IS SO RIDICULOUSLY OFF THE MARK ITS FUNNY!

Additionally I AM taking action........ The police have done what they can. I am NOT snuffling weasel or anything of that sort.
As I said.... consequences. IF ANY of us, including me, CHOOSE to behave badly or illegally in ANY way we have to be prepared to face the punishment.
As for it not being my business - unfortunately it is.

D

Deleted 159984

@aHappyTeddyBear It is not JUST about the cigarettes. That is a separate/side issue that I was curious about. Its just additional ammunition [Excuse the pun!!]

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was lead to believe confiscated cigarettes were destroyed by burning them, one at a time.

I've seen many exciting ways to defy custom regulations. Best one is taking the CBRN filter out a CVR(T) and replacing it with duty free. They're not allowed to open it 'cos CBRN. Hah.
Crypto bags are quite useful too in that respect

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

First of all you are all wrong. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY EX OR ANYONE HAVING RELATIONSHIPS WITH PARTNERS/EXS ETC.

Additionally I AM taking action........ The police have done what they can. I am NOT snuffling weasel or anything of that sort.
As I said.... consequences. IF ANY of us, including me, CHOOSE to behave badly or illegally in ANY way we have to be prepared to face the punishment.
Ahhhh yes, it’s a woman that fcuked you over so now she has to pay for behaving badly, and now she must face the consequences, i hear ya, say no more.....

So the Police have taken it as far as the law dictates.......

...and you want to take it further :scratch:

Well hope he gets you prosecuted in return

Well bugger me, its Batman, the masked saviour of the planet who will pot all transgressors of the law, including himself.
The snivelling, I'm going to tell on you weasel.

Crypto bags are quite useful too in that respect

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
Or you stick them in a large jiffy bag and scrawl a random NSN and description in black marker on the outside and leave them on the shelf in the back of a stores wagon. The RMP will carefully move the "stores" out of the way while the vigorously inspecting the shelving and cabinet for contraband.
God bless the Monkeys and their buffoonery.

D

Deleted 159984

I have all the information/answers that I needed. Thank you to all that were helpful.

To those that simply sought to criticize or belittle, that says far more about you as a person than it does me. Scared of your own inadequacies, failures or broken rules/crimes and a guilty conscience perhaps!

I don't need to justify my actions or explain myself. I am the one in the wrong and therefore do not fear any punishment.

Thank you all, goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads