Military Coup

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Malthebof, Oct 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this topic has been mooted before. I am coming to the conclusion that only a military coup would save our country. The major political parties are so similar in policies. The judicary, the police and the civil service have all been politicised to the left/liberal persuasion, and no dissent is tolerated. The government will not give the people a referendum on anything they know they will lose.
    I seem to recall in the 60s that an army general (whose name i can't remember) discussed ways of removing Harold Wilson's government
    I am a civilian and have no knowledge of military affairs, can the ARRSE regulars come up with some suggestions for and against
  2. Site Rules

The aim of ARRSE (in such that it has one) is to provide a useful, informative and amusing site for people with an interest in the British Army. Contrary to duty rumour we are not promoting the overthrow of HMG nor do we exist to toe the party line and users can expect to find both reasoned argument and complete ARRSE within our pages. It exists for all.
  3. Are you a journalist?
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Twat more like

Edited to add. Oops - just had a look at the rest of his posts. Add deranged to that description. 8O
  5. Not going to happen...

The only chance you have is Her Majesty telling Brown where to go...

Chance of that is small.
  6. The plans for a military coup of the 60s and 70s were almost certainly a deception to encourage the allegedly Soviet backed OIRA and Soviet to adhere to their strategy. Airey Neave was tarnished as a rabid cold war warrior. But in fact he was very good on the technology of threat and even lectured SAS on the subject.

It used to be called perfidious Albion I think. New Labour will go but it will be by general election results.
  7. Apologies for the posting it was out of 'academic' interest, I am not a journalist more a retired BOF. I think the general from the 60's was called Ferguson
  8. #
    BOF? Is that a TLA for Big Old Fcukwit??

One more for the Arrseholio Bus.