gets Freemasons Section - How About one Here?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AndyPipkin, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think the best place for that is a 'Military' section in a Freemasonry forum.

Most of the threads on are being started by the same user, who isn't one. I'm not either, but I suspect he's a Mason-Walt.
  2. A freemasonry forum so that we can be indulged with this sort of drivel, woohoo! Is this just a yank Mason going overboard or are they all like this?
  3. How about not?
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

I'm not certain that all US masons are proper Freemasons as Grand Lodge would know them. is full of utter drivel, and this appears to be more of the same. I shall avoid it, and can see no reason for one here on ARRSE, though Biped's idea has merit.
  5. I have a small brick-house 30 miles from Moscow and I built it myself - I laid about 25000 bricks. So, in this sense I'm a masson.

Btw, Andy, are you a masson? (in any sense).
  6. I had never considered Masonic Walts - I wonder why they do it?
  7. Yes, what have the masons ever done for us?! Unless of course you are Jack the Ripper, in which case, 'nuff said, mind how you go Your Highness...

Why would you want a "military freemasons forum"? Next you'll be wanting gay under-water hang-gliding fora, for one legged Cameroonians. The whole purpose of the Arrse is about a community for the military (army predominating) with obviously flavours of that reflected in terms of infantry, gunner et cetera. Not, Liverpool FC supporting, or Nigella Lawson fans (myself and ugly stand fast of course!).

Right I'm labouring the point and starting to sound like my first BK who was terminally dull and by coincidence a Cuddles out!
  8. We do have one here, it's just that your not invited.
  9. And what about sections for the RAOB, Rotarians etc. while we are at it....?

They have their own "secret handshake/knotted hanky/rolled up trouser leg" sites. No offence, but this is a quasi-military site - let it stay as such. Anyway, let the majority decide.

KGB - "masson"?!
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

WTF would we want a freemasons forum on arrse for - pretend elitist walts again?
  11. Ding, ding, ding! Give the man a kewpie doll. Several chapters of masons here in the States are well outside of being official ones and their members are treated like plague victims by the reputable ones.
  12. Kipling, whose works are often quoted here was a Mason of some distinction.

And what is elitist in being a member of an organisation with charity as a main function Ord_Sgt?
  13. The marines wear skirts - what about rum ration?