Military Boots

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by pingu823, Aug 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone recommend any?? Price not an issue. Looking mainly to use as tabbing boots for P Company once I've got out of Blandford.

Any good websites or retailers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Pingu

2. Black, made of leather. Man at Q & M's do some good uns.
    Wear puttee's to gain street cred on the 10 miler!

3. altberg sneeka thats my preference

4. Double-soled ammos! Just the job for tabbing.

MsG

5. Only if they have the regulation 13 studs in the soles - for the 13 VC's the Guards used to have! (stands by to be corrected).

6. It's taken me seven years to finally find a pair of boots I actually find comfortable... it doesn't matter what people recommend, it's all down to personal preference. Get out there and try a few out.

7. standing by to be corrected .................

doesnt P company have to be done in issue boots ................. if so fella tab your asse in those and get some comfy pairs ...................

like i said standing by to be corrected on this one :D

8. When I did it a good few years back (2003) we were allowed to wear our own boots for pre-para and the whole shindig up north except on the trainasium - H&S reasons I believe - ironically! Lowa's were my pick but if you want some sound advice, make sure your boots are PROPERLY worn in and if you suffer from blisters etc, know where your feet get bad and make sure they are taped up whenever you have your boots on - which will be quite often!

9. Tinc benz (probably spelt wrong) is the way forward!

10. I got a pair of Altbergs in 94 and they are still going strong.

The best thing about them was the leather- I don't know whether it was Indonesian watervole hide or something, but it was the softest most supple leather I've ever seen in a pair of 'out of the box' boots. They didn't need any breaking in at all- and that was as a PT/Exercise/ops boot, not a dossing around the wagons wire wooling earth spikes boot.

11. Altberg Peacekeeper 3! the way forward!

12. Fan of wet feet are you? :?

13. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

And yet I had a pair of Altbergs altered to fit me after a fitting at the factory and they were useless. The original problems with the fit that were supposed to be rectified by the (expensive) alterations were still there, and they were no good for tabbing in as a result.

Moral of the story - perfect for someone else does not guarantee perfect for you. Try a few different brands on for size/fit and go with the ones that fit you best. For me, they are Hanwag rather than Altberg.

14. Fronty

Fronty Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Magnum Spiders. Running boots apparently.