Military blogs--Why arent the Brits blogging?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Oct 10, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here is a list I have found of Military blogs. I gioing to add Micheal Yon. He is an exranger and has been embeded for 7 months.That to me qualifies as Military.Plus I like his writing.
  2. Actually Yon is a former SF NCO. He has been on my reading list for the last 6 months. I do believe there are some UK milbloggers but not as numerous as the US variety. Due to the recent memo concerning OPSEC from the Army Chief of Staff many US milblogs are shutting down. Its a shame really because they give the public an unfiltered view of Iraq through the eyes of the GI. You get stories that the main stream media will never report.
  3. The military blogs are the only thing worth reading about the war in Iraq. Maybe I should use my personal pipeline to Sec Rumsfeld (an e-mail to the pentagon's public affairs department--if they have one) to tell him what a bad Idea it is to close down the Military blogs

P.S.----I e-mailed Michael Yon(back when you could) to ask him , to the let the guys in the duce 4 know, what a great job they are doing.Citing a report by CNN of a captured letter of a terrorist leader in the Mosul area ,of all the problems the terrorist are having in Mosul. He e-mailed me back saying that his unit captured the letter and he was not not allowed to write about it. CNN was allowed to report the capture before he was.

[align=center]Go figure. The Military brass[/align]