Military and Civilian Spooks

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by countdokku, Sep 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I apologise in advance if this question is A)Bone. B)Violates OpSec.C)Both.
    Take pity on an ex-Infantry thicko.

Question: does the Int. Corp ever work alongside it's civilian counterparts, MI5 and MI6? I realise that no-one is going to give details, for obvious reasons. I just wondered if such co-operation exists or if Military and Civilian Int organisations work only within there own areas of expertise.
  2. If you have to ask you DO NOT NEED TO KNOW :evil:
  3. I'm in agreement with d_p here...

I've just spent 2 years undercover as Jessica Simpsons knicker gusset.

It's a tough job but someone has to do it....
  4. Quite right; I don't NEED to know. I was simply asking a civil question about a subject that intrests me. I am not asking anyone to endanger OpSec, nor was I insulting to either the Corp or 5&6.
    Your reply adds nothing of value to this thread. You are the Weakest Link. Goodbye.
  5. Guess the only thing that would be worth your time is looking at the website of the Security Service, SIS and following any links to documentation on the National Intelligence Machinery which has been published on on the net. Mmmm that's about it really.
  6. My bad; I thought I'd posted this question in the Int Corps Forum. I must have psted in the Naffi Bar by mistake...
  7. TA Sig: thank you for a grown up reply.
  8. Yes you are quite right and for that I apologise, if you are asking me if this is an absolute fact, it would be a breach of OSA, either way!

I refer you to an episode of Spooks where they deploy with a unit of EOD.
  9. What sort of response do you expect to get on an Internet Chat Forum with almost 20,000 members and probably an awful lot more lurkers?

You're right-you don't need to know. So mind your own effing business when it comes to Int stuff, ok?
  10. Actually, I am in a position to show some highly classified pics of SIS operatives in the field.

This is just a taster, this chap is the agricultural attache to an embassy in a large far eastern nation.. 8)

11. It is documented that the agencies do work together... as you quite rightly expect. But I only know of one case where a person has left the forces to transfer to the dark side...good looking b'stard with a penchant for Aston's if my memory serves...

12. Matelot - please put your toys back in the pram. Then have a nice, hot, sweet cup of Shut The Fcuk Up.
  13. Ooooooh. Get her. Comes trolling in here, lallies all akimbo, ria in a bun and starts flapping her gums. Cheeky old omi poloni.
  14. In Int Corps dreamland, yes. In reality, no.
  15. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Now pull up a bollard I shall spin you a dit.

A time ago I and some of our ship's team (incl CO) had to go to London for a brief from some spooks. Fine and dandy. However being good Naval types we decided to travel up the day before and make full use of the over 10's and our sea pay. So we are in this meeting in Thames House and I feel less than happy. In fact I needed to throw up. Now in any other normal place I could stand up, make my excuse and slide off to the heads and throw up. not here. Not the right pass you see.......... more to follow in the happless adventures of a junior naval officer