Military Acronyms

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by JYKelly, Jul 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As an old ex git.... I left 27 years ago. I feel somewhat lost in some of the other forums when people are using modern acronyms. When did BFT become CFT? I was comfortable with BHQ, SLR, SMG, OC, QMS, BAOR, RP and especially QARANC. (She had lovely breasts) Does anyone else feel the same or should I give up trying?
  2. No, I recognise that one.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

OMG :cyclopsani:
  4. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

A BFT wasn't a CFT but the BFT, was changed to an APFA. This is not to be confused with a APWT as that would be stupid.

All said in CLAP.
  5. PMSL :)
  6. I'll just get my Slidex out and dechipher that.
  7. Nope the BFT and the APFA were around at the same time. I don't know when the CFT was brought in, but I'm pretty sure it was more than 27 years ago.
  8. TWIT !!

9. I have to agree it was about 27 years ago imsmr :wink:
  10. LMFAO
  11. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

I have to admit my memories are probably mingled slightly, but I sure the BFT replaced the APFA but was changed back again after a few years. As for the CFT, I think the only thing that changed there was how far you went and how long it was going to take depending on Corp/Regt.
  12. BFT came in around 1975/6...

Before this it was the 8/10 mile bash..(plus 6' wall, 12' ditch 30m carry and shoot...)
  13. C.U.N.T been around since the start I think, and is generally used to describe officers, but can be used for other ranks, when they are the said word too.