Military Acronyms

As an old ex git.... I left 27 years ago. I feel somewhat lost in some of the other forums when people are using modern acronyms. When did BFT become CFT? I was comfortable with BHQ, SLR, SMG, OC, QMS, BAOR, RP and especially QARANC. (She had lovely breasts) Does anyone else feel the same or should I give up trying?

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A BFT wasn't a CFT but the BFT, was changed to an APFA. This is not to be confused with a APWT as that would be stupid.

All said in CLAP.

terroratthepicnic said:
A BFT wasn't a CFT but the BFT, was changed to an APFA. This is not to be confused with a APWT as that would be stupid.

All said in CLAP.
I'll just get my Slidex out and dechipher that.

terroratthepicnic said:

All said in CLAP.
Nope the BFT and the APFA were around at the same time. I don't know when the CFT was brought in, but I'm pretty sure it was more than 27 years ago.

Tartan_Terrier said:
terroratthepicnic said:

All said in CLAP.
Nope the BFT and the APFA were around at the same time. I don't know when the CFT was brought in, but I'm pretty sure it was more than 27 years ago.

I have to agree it was about 27 years ago imsmr :wink:

terroratthepicnic

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
BII-driver said:
Tartan_Terrier said:
terroratthepicnic said:

All said in CLAP.

I have to agree it was about 27 years ago imsmr :wink:
I have to admit my memories are probably mingled slightly, but I sure the BFT replaced the APFA but was changed back again after a few years. As for the CFT, I think the only thing that changed there was how far you went and how long it was going to take depending on Corp/Regt.

BFT came in around 1975/6...

Before this it was the 8/10 mile bash..(plus 6' wall, 12' ditch 30m carry and shoot...)

C.U.N.T been around since the start I think, and is generally used to describe officers, but can be used for other ranks, when they are the said word too.

Gren said:
C.U.N.T been around since the start I think, and is generally used to describe officers, but can be used for other ranks, when they are the said word too.
Come Up Next Tuesday

Thought the CFT was the 10 miler metrifictedised to 10k but TLS's were never my stronpoint unless explained in SOP's

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KOYLI The NAAFI Bar 152
BEF The Intelligence Cell 87
Ord_Sgt The Intelligence Cell 0