Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Militaria books to sell - best option?

ExPadBrat

War Hero
A friend has inherited her dad's books and is now ready to find a new home for them. She said they were mostly about guns but some are so old they don't have ISBN numbers for her to look up a price etc.

I suggested ABE books but she believes them to be a bit more niche than that and I said I'd ask on here. Not sure if this is the right forum or not, happy for mods to move it.

Any suggestions of where she could sell?

Cheers!

ericferret

War Hero
A friend has inherited her dad's books and is now ready to find a new home for them. She said they were mostly about guns but some are so old they don't have ISBN numbers for her to look up a price etc.

I suggested ABE books but she believes them to be a bit more niche than that and I said I'd ask on here. Not sure if this is the right forum or not, happy for mods to move it.

Cheers!

I've tried to sell stuff through Amazon with limited success. More trouble than it's worth.
I think ABE would probably be the same. It's a lot of work to research and put them up.
Then you have the long wait till someone actually buys them.
You are liable for mis-description.
I would go with ebay as a lot less hassle.

4(T)

LE

Cheers!

Guns as in firearms?

Maybe list a few of the titles here. Many of us are "niche" hobbyists and thus connected to relevant interest groups.

If the books are relatively rare, they'd be of interest to HBSA members and may be worth a fair bit.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
@Grownup_Rafbrat got rid of a lot of my excess book collection at the Bovington Christmas Fayre. I can promise nothing.

ExPadBrat

War Hero
Thanks all, will try and get a list off her and let you know. She would rather they went to someone who would appreciate them than get ripped off by someone.

Thanks all, will try and get a list off her and let you know. She would rather they went to someone who would appreciate them than get ripped off by someone.
That's why I have used Amazon in the past to get rid of my books, not only are the books going to someone who wants them as opposed to just spotting something of possible interest in a charity shop, but some of the feedback was very interesting and made the exercise worthwhile.
Not quite any 'J R Hartley' moments but a number of feedbacks from those who had been looking for the book as a present for their granddad or other elderly relation who was mentioned in the book or otherwise had a connection to the book's subject. Often they had been searching for quite a while for the particular title.

Advertise them on ARRSE.

Lots of the Old & Bold have the time to read & enjoy them and will pay!!! a fair price.

Better than being rip off by the Auctions or Internet Selling Sites Fee's.

I would like to see the list of what's for sale.

Latest Threads