MILITARIA 2007

It's nearly that time again chaps.

Militaria 2007 at Stoneleigh, 28 Jan.

Loads of geeks buying old military junk. Superb.

http://www.militariashows.com/

If anyone is going then PM if you want to geek it up over a brew.

I'll pop over and say "Hi".

I shall be there having a mooch around the stalls. I was disapointed last year in the lack of good american WW2 gear -probaly because i have already bought it.
I may be tempted by a nice original M1 Carbine if i can find one.

BBM,

Might see you there again eh? RV at Fallingplate?

You thought you couldn't find anything try looking for WW1 brit gear.

Bondi- Babe-Magnet Try 'Gerry & Martins Guns are Us' they have loads of M1 Carbines in fields, just waiting to be collected

Do any of the stand's do authentic, real - original WW2 Wehrmacht and SS stuff?

Longish way to drive for a look about with no real aim...

me n bee said:

Yes, there will loads of it with some european dealers selling.

me n bee said:

Try Richard Underwood's stall, he is one of the UK's best know and respected dealers in WWII German militaria. He is usually in hall one, can't remember what stall number he has though.

Try this link for his website:

http://www.richardaunderwood.com/

Nearly time. This sunday promises to be superb as ever.

See you all there at D5 12.30hrs?

General Melchett said:
Nearly time. This sunday promises to be superb as ever.

See you all there at D5 12.30hrs?
May be late, am travelling from South East so hopefully :thumright:

Good show actually. Not as large as in previous years though. Being old and half blind I didn't see a plan of the stalls, so sorry even though I arrived about 11.30hrs didn't find out where D5 was sorry FP :roll:

What I did see though was some knob walking around wearing the full SS black party uniform with medals, jackboots, the lot! :omfg:

The tunic was too fcuking short for him - he'd got to be a good 6'3" - totally tasteless and I do hope some vet managed to smack him before he left the show!

Congratulations FP! :numberone:

Went to the show today. The large cattle shed was not open and the dealers were all complaining that the stall space was much smaller than previous years AND the cost of stalling out had risen. Must say that the entrance fee was I think £1.00 les than last year but the crafty boggers had scraped the cheaper entrance fee for OAPS so had to pay the full wack. Saw some prety awful people walking around dressed in all sorts of garb. Did anyone notice the Airsoft geek (in us desert combats including his helmet) walking around with his weapon at the ready? sad bugger!. Could have spent 3 grand on an original WW2 T5 parachute rig (and I had permision from Her Majesty to purchase providing I cashed in my ISA). Still perhaps next year.

Bugger didnt know this was on, and its not far for me really.
Does Beltring in Kent have much to offer on the militaria side of things?
I know its walt central but hey. At least it would be amusing :D

They have about a thousand stalls at the Hop farm (Beltring). But I'm afraid that it is just TOOOO Walty for my liking. Also, if I want to display just a couple of my military truck collection, I have to PAY £25 for the privilege. I don't see how that works when in effect it'll cost me the best part of £400 in petrol to get em there.

Back to the main point: the Militaria show at Stoneleigh is nowhere near as good as it was a couple of years ago. The bargains were still there for the serious collector. I managed to pick up a good horse-hair piper's sporran for £15 which has to be better than the usual £200+ I wish I'd bought the other two now!

The one to visit next round that way is the Malvern Militaria Convention at the Three Counties Showground in April.

Can't believe those of you who lived near and didn't know it was happening. Like it does every year on the last weekend in January. :)

FP, good to meet you. I think a snowman would have enhanced the display even more.

I saw the Airsoft geeks, SS guys wearing Hitec magnums and some youth dressed as brit WW2 (good turnout) spoilt by long hair FFS! Was going to have a word with him but the Mrs gave me a kick.