MILITARIA 2006 - 29 JAN 2006

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by General Melchett, Jan 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

It's that time of year again when militaria dealers from far and wide come together to tempt you from your hard earned cash.

MILITARIA 2006 at Stoneleigh, Warwickshire.

Site link is here:

If any of you 'orrible lot are going then PM me as I live near the place. The kettle will be on.
  2. Just heard about it! As I'm going to be in the area around that time, I will tagging along with a friend of mine. Looks interesting.
  3. General Melchett

Good good. Maybe we should all RV in the cafe for a brew?
  4. We should definitely plan on it. :) I'll buy you the long-promised drink after all.
  5. I shall be going with pockets bulging with cash, much to the annoyance of Mr's Magnet.

"That new bathroom will just have to wait love -i need to spend my cash on old military tat".
  6. General Melchett

Anyone attending the show PM me and we'll RV for a brew. Plenty of walts, chavs, scrotes and generally smelly people to take the mick out of.

Thank you.
  7. I will be going to Stoneleigh on Sunday, travelling up from Essex with a view to purchasing some exotic items. How will Arrse members recognize each other ?.

8. As long as you bring the money you owe me, then perhaps I could buy something as well. £30.00 less petrol money.

9. General Melchett

Well if the ARRSE members arrange to RV in the canteen or a central location for let say 15.00 hrs.

How about next to the Fallschrimjaeger "living history" waltatstic display? If you wear an ARRSE T-shirt then you'll be easy to spot. :)
  10. OK, will hover around there at 1500hrs and look for the "T" shirts. Have not got one myself. I will be the best looking bloke there, you cannot miss me.
  11. I might wander up to that one - if I'm free.

Melchy, do you know what the buses are like up there? - I'll probably have to get the train into Coventry from Essex.
  12. General Melchett

Not sure about the buses, I should imagine that there would be a reasonable service from Cov or Warwick Parway to Stoneleigh. As far I recall there are bus stops on the Campus.
  13. General Melchett

Once again a very good show. (So long as you understand that WW2 only consisted of America and Germany)

Good to meet with the other guys, albeit briefly.

For anyone who's interested I purchased:

4 x 3" Stokes mortars
    1 x 18 pdr shell
    1 x Breda mortar/grenade
    4 x stick grenade (inc smoke variant)
    1 x PIAT bomb
    P08 webbing frog

All for bargain prices.
  14. I dont think that there will be much point in going now, missed it dam !

Sounds like your going to have fun with that lot General. lol
  15. It most definately was a good show - picked up some nice Home Guard items and gave me a chance to value my "arms collection" against current market prices.

However I was surprised to see silenced smg's and quite a lot of them at very reasonable prices (couple of hundred quid I think) Also a quite rare 1920's Madsen LMG as used by the German Freikorps.

But for those that missed it, there were an awful lot of WALTS and CHAVS! :evil:

Next militaria Fair worth attending is Malvern at the 3 Counties Show Ground in March.