Militant smoker

He's lucky that the HSE didn't charge him with failing to wear hard hat, goggles, ear defence, vibration-damping gloves and chainsaw-resistant trousers. And failing to submit a Method Statement and Risk Assessment that almost certainly would require the provision of an exclusion zone, drip tray, spill kit, etc. He could have been looking at a really severe sentence.

He's lucky that the HSE didn't charge him with failing to wear hard hat, goggles, ear defence, vibration-damping gloves and chainsaw-resistant trousers. And failing to submit a Method Statement and Risk Assessment that almost certainly would require the provision of an exclusion zone, drip tray, spill kit, etc. He could have been looking at a really severe sentence.
None of that matters as long as he wasn't endangering people's health by smoking.

What they need is a Police Commissioner who will stamp down on this sort of thing.I wonder who could take on such an important role?

I like some of the comments in the article. Especially the one bout him being out of his tree and half cut!

Can't believe the skip licking mong only got 3 years.

At least he wasnt, er, chainsmoking.

Hat, Parka, snowshoes. I'll walk home.

3 years for storming into a pub with a chainsaw and giving someone 21 stiches? Good to see the systems working.