Miliband visited family on settlement on visit to Israel

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Tom_of_Bedlam, Nov 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ouch. Of course it won't cloud his judgement on matters involving the middle east/Israel

2. Do you reckon the 'walls will come crumbling down' on his political career on this one?

3. Miliband is a clown as a minister. I am sure he was a good advisor, policy wonk and "blue skies thinker" but, as a leader and decision-maker, he is hopeless. Brown has surrounded himself with similar creatures, whose answers are inevitably what he wants to hear.

He is also a Trojan horse. Brown was a fool to appoint him, the resignation of a Foreign Secretary is quite a dent in the PM's credibility.

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Not in the UK. Being pro-Israel is part of the cross-bench initiation process isn't it?

5. I hope so simply that anything that gives bollockeye brown grief is good as far as i'm conerned.

6. As long as the Americans keep telling us to, then yes.

Although remember that the key turning point in the ousting of Bliar was his failure to criticise Israel's attack on Lebanon in 2006, which rather upset a lot of the Labour Party, some of whom appear to retain elements of both conscience and backbone.

Let's hope they have a word with the boy Miliband.

7. Oh, for fuck's sake.

8. He really just doesn't have a clue about this whole 'diplomacy' lark, does he?

I bet he'll even be confused as to why there's a fuss. Foreign Secretary, eh? It'd make you weep, it truly would.

9. The UK and US governments support Israel to the hilt so I can't see him getting a bollocking.

Whatever Israel does is fine for the present idiots in power.