Miliband Tells Obama To Adopt Hearts and Minds Approach

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Oct 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps Mr. Miliband will get His attention where many of His countrymen have failed.

2. What an intelectual genius that man is!

How did we not realise that before?

Thank God we have such men to direct the operation. Make him the PM right away
  3. labour have lost the right to tell anyone else what to do. They haven't supported the war effort, it's a bit rich to preach to others.
  4. Miliband=unelected political appointee. :evil:

Obama= elected president. :thumleft:

Why would Obama listen to our shower of shite? I wouldn't!
  5. I have had doubts relating to the sanity of this abhorrent miniature squirt.

President Obama must be reeling with anger from this impertinence. When our stupid politicians listen to and act upon the advice of our generals, then maybe, maybe, we would be in a position to preach!

Ainsworth's attempt at listening amounted to: 'When other countries increase troop levels then we may' - initiative, drive and leadership of the highest level.
  6. Obama probably realises that this is political posturing and grandstanding for the home audience. He will understand that stirring speeches need to be made at these home-grown rallies in order to rally the faithful. The real work goes on in the background and in private, public posturing is for the sake of the party.
    The more the likes of Miliband and Ainsworth call for troop increases before they'll commit more troops; the more I'm convinced that a secret deal has already been done and this is political posturing so that politicians on both sides can gain the maximum political advantage from it.
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I hope that Obama tells Miliband off like the Russians did.
  8. This one is a Win/Win for Mr Miliband.

If Mr Obama backs the officer whom he put in place to produce a strategy, Mr M looks statesman like.

If Mr Obama rejects General McKyrstal's report or merely continues to vacillate, he can point out that he has read the COMISAF's Initial Assessment and made the Miliband position very clear!

Either way huge browney points and looks good on the CV.

No down side, he probably knows what ARRSE thinks of him already.

9. I can see it now...

Foreign Sec: Well, mr President, gosh, you know, I think it would be sensible for you to adopt a Hearts and Minds approach.

POTUS: You mean like the one you Brits adopted in Kenya, and approach under which my grandfather was tortured by local security forces because they mistook him for a member of the Mau-Mau?

Foreign Sec: Er... gosh...

10. I bet Millipedes ears are still burning after the verbal beasting Lavrov gave him!

:D :D :D :D :D :D
  11. Didn't the Septics try this in Vietnam?
  12. In the name of all that,s Holy, when is the Truant Officer going to drag this little wart back to school where he belongs, instead of letting him mix with the grownups. :roll: :roll: :roll:
  13. Milliband is only trying to promote....himself!