mild Traumatic Brain Injury

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by GB84, Jun 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dear members of the ARRSE forums

I am a journalist working for Moonstone Films, an independent television production company which is currently making a number of features for Channel 4 News.

Unlike the usual news reports, which are approx 3 minutes long, Channel 4 has commissioned us to make a number of in depth reports, which depending on the issue will be up to 10 minutes long.

I am currently looking at mild Traumatic Brain Injury, a phenomenon that is attracting more scientific attention due to fears that it is a growing health risk for our servicemen and women.

We would be interested in speaking to anyone who has been diagnosed with such an injury. This would be a purely confidential research conversation.

Any help that you can give me will be greatly appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you shortly

Kind regards

James Pierson
    Assistant Producer
    Tel: 020 7940 5573
    email: jamespierson@moonstonefilms.co.uk

2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Gentlemen,
    Having spoken to James I can confirm that this is entirely legitimate. I would however warn serving military personnel that DIN 2007DIN03-006 remains in force and therefore you may wish to very seriously consider your position before speaking to him.

3. I would encourage James to bog off and do some homework :evil:

mTBI is just another re-invention of the 'shellshock' wheel and is probably going nowhere. :wink:

Sadly, however, all it does is provide some socially dysfunctional and personality-disordered patients (and most journalists) with a nice, neat imaginary stick to beat the MoD and the Defence Medical Services with. :evil:

In twenty years time, when the neuroscientists have finally all agreed that exposure to blast/intense sonic disrpution/ballistic cavitation etc causes funny neurological changes in the brain, we can all chorus 'no sh*t, Sherlock!' together and crack on.

Anyone adversely affected by exposure to combat or combat-related activity needs normalisation and support. They need another label they don't actually understand (see PTSD) like they need another hole in their head :twisted:

End of rant
    KhakiCrab
    Military Mental Health Nurse