Mil tailors for Service Dress

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Voltiguer, Oct 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know a decent military tailors for Service Dress without costing an arm and a leg? In or close to Wales would be a definite advantage although I somehow doubt there are that many here...

Also, anyone got any experience with Turner Virr? I know they have the contract for outfitting new RN offrs, seemed decent rig at least and if I remember the price list offered it was reasonable. Anyone had any experience of their SD/other work and whether its worth going for or not?

2. If it is the new 'issued' SD then it's a magician you need, not a tailor.
  3. Decent? Dunno. Have you spoken to your Reg or Corps HQ to see if they have anything in your size? have started doing SD - people have been reasonably happy with their mess kit but I don't know anybody who has tried them for day wear.

I am still wearing uniform made by this guy (ex-Gieves), some 25 years later - How much was him, how much was Thieves & Sharkes? Can't tell.

Turner Virr - apart from the lass in the tropical mess kit (please can I sort her bow-tie, I promise not to fiddle with anything else?), the site is a bit full of polyester.