• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Mil skills competitions etc.

#1
Is anyone here likely to have anything to do with organising any mil skills competitions/exercises next year?

I'm angling for an official invite for my unit in the Danish equivalent of the TA. I may be able to offer a few places on a weekend patrols competition (Øvelse Blå Negl February 2011) in return.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers
T_T
 
#5
The Altcar Mil Skills event is this coming weekend (30th April to 2nd May).

My (RAuxAF) Sqn have got three teams entered - 2 FP and 1 RAF Reg't.

Talking to our Glorious Leader, it seems like all the RAuxAF Sqns are represented; there's also Huns, Cloggies, Latvians or Croats (can't remember which), Yanks, Paddys and a scratch team of Kiwis and Aussies.

With all the cuts, are the TA bothering this year or not?



Edited to amend dates cos I is fick.
 
#6
freedomman said:
The Altcar Mil Skills event is this coming weekend (30th April to 2nd June).

My (RAuxAF) Sqn have got three teams entered - 2 FP and 1 RAF Reg't.

Talking to our Glorious Leader, it seems like all the RAuxAF Sqns are represented; there's also Huns, Cloggies, Latvians or Croats (can't remember which), Yanks, Paddys and a scratch team of Kiwis and Aussies.

With all the cuts, are the TA bothering this year or not?
Blimey I wish my weekends were as long as yours!
 
#7
Two points freedomman!

First the RNR is coming from various locations.

Secondly its the 2nd May not June. Im not staying for the whole damn month!!

Hope to bump into some arrsers there!
 
#8
Its only the sad homos that think football is more important than anything else that will be going to altcar this weekend from the TA normal people will be at twickers
 
#9
instinct said:
Two points freedomman!

First the RNR is coming from various locations.

Secondly its the 2nd May not June. Im not staying for the whole damn month!!

Hope to bump into some arrsers there!
Yes, yes, yes... date amended.

RNR? Will there be a pedalo stand then?
 
#11
freedomman said:
instinct said:
Two points freedomman!

First the RNR is coming from various locations.

Secondly its the 2nd May not June. Im not staying for the whole damn month!!

Hope to bump into some arrsers there!
Yes, yes, yes... date amended.

RNR? Will there be a pedalo stand then?
Hope so or thats two weeks training camp in the town pond wasted, you damn TA/RauxAF probably want to do useless things like shooting and stretcher runs!
 
#13
instinct said:
freedomman said:
Just mooched around on the UKRFA website and apart from the out of date calendars and events pages, came across this gem:

Hun about to have a nasty shock?

(Apologies, I can't post pics where I am - can someone else?)
HAHAHAHAHA

Achtung! Take this you Tommy Schweinhunds!
BLAM!!
ARGHHHLE! Hilfe! Mein face is alles over der platz! Hans, qvickly, for me the weekend is over.

Cheers for that Instinct.
 
#14
freedomman said:
instinct said:
freedomman said:
Just mooched around on the UKRFA website and apart from the out of date calendars and events pages, came across this gem:

Hun about to have a nasty shock?

(Apologies, I can't post pics where I am - can someone else?)
HAHAHAHAHA

Achtung! Take this you Tommy Schweinhunds!
BLAM!!
ARGHHHLE! Hilfe! Mein face is alles over der platz! Hans, qvickly, for me the weekend is over.

Cheers for that Instinct.
No bother, it took me several seconds to work out what was wrong! ahhh what a chuckle.
 
#16
Tartan_Terrier said:
Thanks for the ideas guys. We'll have to wait and see if our COC goes for it, but I'm optimistic!

Any ideas on how one goes goes about finding a host unit in the UK?
What capbadge are you?
 
#17
instinct said:
freedomman said:
instinct said:
freedomman said:
Just mooched around on the UKRFA website and apart from the out of date calendars and events pages, came across this gem:

Hun about to have a nasty shock?

(Apologies, I can't post pics where I am - can someone else?)
HAHAHAHAHA

Achtung! Take this you Tommy Schweinhunds!
BLAM!!
ARGHHHLE! Hilfe! Mein face is alles over der platz! Hans, qvickly, for me the weekend is over.

Cheers for that Instinct.
No bother, it took me several seconds to work out what was wrong! ahhh what a chuckle.
If it was the same as this year it's one of the rubber practise L85's he's using. Not as funny now.
 
#19
Military skills competitions, give me strength! Everone's a winner including the team from some obscure NATO nation that enters every competition but never goes to war.

We're entering our blokes in a pretty good competition over the next 5 years, it's the same one the Taleban enter. Reccommended, give it a go.
 

Latest Threads