Mil Course & adventure trg a carrot or an entitlement

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by darklord08, Oct 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I wonder if anyone can help me I have been told by my boss that there is no written down law as to a soldier being able to go on courses or adventure training this surely cannot be true or we are all being held to ransom. I thought it was written down somewhere that each soldier was entitled to at least one Adventure training & one military course yearly. otherwise how do we develop? can someone enlighten me please. 8O :?

2. Are you Regular or TA?

Have you been told that you're not getting any courses or AT this year full-stop, or have you just asked to do a specific thing and been turned down because it isn't convenient?

Try the Training Wing as well; someone there might know.

3. Regular, put in wish list for next 3 years & told not essential only allowed courses to fill your current post if we can't get you away because of manpower commitments doesn't matter. :cry: why we lose so many men :idea:

4. Certainly for Regulars there is no official entitlement. This was rammed home when I took a whole load of my guys down to JSASTC. The civvy skipper there was extolling the delights of sailing and told the blokes that they were all entitled to 2 weeks AT a year: I had to contradict him.

Having said that I remember being told by an Army Doctor that she was entitled to 2 weeks AT a year. Likewise I believe that the RAF have a similar entitlement.

5. Fred is quite correct in what he is saying but just in case you could try these.

AGAI VOL 1 CH 11

JSP 419 go to page 1-4

or if you have intranet adventure training for RN/RM entitlement and maybe they can point you in some general direction

HH