Mike Jackson on This Week

The pure hate that she showed on her face was bloody disgusting.

dpcw

War Hero
Diane Abbott was intellectually out of her depth, she reverted to a middle manager persona, so common with the powers that be today, when she realised Sir M and Mike P whad made good points that she did not have the capacity to challenge and debate.

Shame Jacko wasn't as verbal during his reign though.

RIP

Closet_Jibber said:
Indeed. He appears to be 'making up the mileage' so to speak though

Mazur_UK said:
Closet_Jibber said:
Indeed. He appears to be 'making up the mileage' so to speak though
Agreed - However we all know it would have been much easier when he was the big man.

Abbot, over promoted way above her weight because she's a Woman and Black.

And as she said she pretty is pretty content on us becoming as important as Sweden politically and militarily.

Surfer_Smithy said:
And as she said she pretty is pretty content on us becoming as important as Sweden politically and militarily.
She found it amusing that anyone else thought otherwise.

The Swedes are a funny lot. A policy of strict neuturality combined with a French like obesion with building their own aircraft etc, and fairly larges forces for a fairly small population.

I only saw up until the bit where the good General said he was in favour of retaining a deterrent - and putting the cost in context compared to total Government spending.

Taffnp said:
did he not just die ?
Beat me to it.. RIP

"it's not a question of affordability, it's a question of priority."

Too right, we are diverted away from the central issue of defence spending far to much by government spin. They play the forces off against each other and try to make people who disagree look absurd and clingers on to an age when Britain was arrogant and imperialistic.

They make us think that we would have to axe something to get something else. Across the board. This makes the army resent the navy for having aircraft carriers, or the RAF for having eurofighters.

The fact of the matter is that Labour has taken us into two wars in the last 10 years, yet defence spending has gone down when inflation is taken into account. This is obscene.

We just need more money. There is no other issue than that.

I broke my rule on watching this rubbish programme because of this thread; why a couple of greasy, discredited politicos should have opinions worthy of broadcasting regularly and being paid for it courtesy of my telly tax is a disgrace. Portillo at least has some past credibility, but the fat, repulsive, stupid and ignorant thing next to him...

The mind boggles.

To echo Strait_Jacket, how PoD restrained himself from picking up the nearest journalist and slapping it with him is a mystery. I do believe he was thinking about it...

Attachments

The fart at about 03.00 ? Or was that a continuation of an Abbottian contribution?

Diane Abbott was intellectually out of her depth, she reverted to a middle manager persona, so common with the powers that be today, when she realised Sir M and Mike P whad made good points that she did not have the capacity to challenge and debate
MP puts in a decent performance. Abbott when not seemingly fixated by Michael Portillo just waffles. Abbott called Gen Richards the incoming CDS which will be news to him. Nice to hear Gen Jackson approves of Trident. He understands the Grand Strategic even if Abbott (and her ilk) don't. I don't expect she is on the guest lecturer list for HCSC. A well read class of fourth formers would find her wanting.

Just putting in a comment so the bloody co-op advert moves out of the way. Don't mind me.

Listened again carefully, insofar that my two or three working brain-cells understand 'carefully'. I do not understand why Diane Abbott attracted so much opprobrium in the previous posts.

Maybe she is: '...a woman and black.' But '...intellectually out of her depth'? I don't think so. I thought she spoke sense, realpolitik even. So she said 'English' instead of British - so what? Ninety nine per cent of our American 'cousins' refer to us as English. Moreover, she listened to what was being said without constant interruption.

She made a point of 'defending' soldiers when she questioned Michael Portillo about one of his statements. (She made a good point that all British governments - red or blue - want to be a world player, but that none are willing to pay the going price).

As an aside, both Miss Abbott and MP appeared to agree that there will be large spending cuts after the next election - neither mentioned the inevitable accompanying TAX RISES.

All that said, I should be very happy to be 'intellectually out of my depth' with a Cambridge degree tagged to my c.v.

PS: Politically in general terms I am slightly right of Ghengis Khan, but unlike many, I am prepared to listen to and agree with political 'opponents' when appropriate.