MigrationWatch report on BBC 'bias'

Having interacted with a bunch of the BBC workers this doesn't surprise me at all. Most are Oxbridge graduates with four bedroom houses in the West End who are some of the most dictatorial twats on the planet when it comes to their work. Of course they love immigration, otherwise what? They might have to pay British Workers decent wages to clean up their mansions? Don't be so silly, we can just have an immigrant do it for two quid an hour, after "expenses".

Mm, agreed. But bias is a little more than soft-soap words.
But the words are important, they after all shape the debate, or lack of debate in some cases, thus promoting their own agenda and discrediting the opposite view.

Hence, say on the "climate change" debates, anyone not taking the party line is referred to as a sceptic, or in some cases a denier, the tone and language used be the BBC is useful to stifle debate, same goes for immigration, so called Islamophobia etc etc

Most of the views espoused by the BBC are left of centre and it does tend to show.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
But the words are important, they after all shape the debate, or lack of debate in some cases, thus promoting their own agenda and discrediting the opposite view.

Hence, say on the "climate change" debates, anyone not taking the party line is referred to as a sceptic, or in some cases a denier, the tone and language used be the BBC is useful to stifle debate, same goes for immigration, so called Islamophobia etc etc

Most of the views espoused by the BBC are left of centre and it does tend to show.
I can't quite express what I'm trying to put over. You're right, though.

There was a BBC interviewer asking a businesswoman the other day what she thought of Labour's attitudes to business. She said she was worried. The interviewer verbally twisted her arm up her back to get her to say that she was also worried by Conservative business policies. Clear bias - I'd go as far as to say prejudice.

Having interacted with a bunch of the BBC workers this doesn't surprise me at all. Most are Oxbridge graduates with four bedroom houses in the West End who are some of the most dictatorial twats on the planet when it comes to their work. Of course they love immigration, otherwise what? They might have to pay British Workers decent wages to clean up their mansions? Don't be so silly, we can just have an immigrant do it for two quid an hour, after "expenses".

It was the Camden chatteratttii that benefitted most from the tidal wave of cheap immigrant labour.
They could all afford nannies and cleaners to allow them to pretend they were posh.

I've said it often enough about the beeb; The whole set up panders to the views and prejudices of the metropolitan liberal elite.

There's a distinct difference between a Liberal attitude engendered by the arts and intellectual debate for which the BBC is justly famed and the Left wing stance taken by the BBC post dodgy dossier, but in reality most of the broadcasters have been won over by the left wing. That said I now call the Beeb the Labour Broadcasting service.

MigrationWatch says that the BBC is bias in favour of immigration . .

And in other news ..

The British Humanist Association have published a report that says the Church of England are too religious.
The RMT has evidence that London Underground are directly responsible for Tube Drivers not being paid £100,000 a year

I can't quite express what I'm trying to put over. You're right, though.

There was a BBC interviewer asking a businesswoman the other day what she thought of Labour's attitudes to business. She said she was worried. The interviewer verbally twisted her arm up her back to get her to say that she was also worried by Conservative business policies. Clear bias - I'd go as far as to say prejudice.
Haha what?

Business leader is asked for her views on both sides policies and admits she is worried by both? If that's your evidence of bias you need to revisit the drawing board.

Labour aren't business friendly. But the fact is most businesses don't want us leaving the EU either. They want a clear declaration of intent to stay from Cameron, which, of course, he won't give due to the haemorrhage of support to UKIP that would result in.

Haha what?

Business leader is asked for her views on both sides policies and admits she is worried by both? If that's your evidence of bias you need to revisit the drawing board.

Labour aren't business friendly. But the fact is most businesses don't want us leaving the EU either. They want a clear declaration of intent to stay from Cameron, which, of course, he won't give due to the haemorrhage of support to UKIP that would result in.
No. She was asked which party worried her in a business sense. She said Labour. The interviewer then went into overdrive with a highly convoluted question which was designed to take the pressure of Labour and have her 'admit' that she also had concerns over Conservative policy. She looked very uncomfortable.

Now, can you see a BBC interviewer asking a question, getting an answer which knocks the Tories and then going out of his/her way to force so-called 'balance' by getting Labour somehow criticised?

I can't. I shall leave the slide rule and propelling pencil where they are (I've got an O Level in it, you know...).

I do have to say, the BBC obsession with getting both sides views in one programme are leading to some terrible TV.
No. She was asked which party worried her in a business sense. She said Labour. The interviewer then went into overdrive with a highly convoluted question which was designed to take the pressure of Labour and have her 'admit' that she also had concerns over Conservative policy. She looked very uncomfortable.

Now, can you see a BBC interviewer asking a question, getting an answer which knocks the Tories and then going out of his/her way to force so-called 'balance' by getting Labour somehow criticised?

I can't. I shall leave the slide rule and propelling pencil where they are (I've got an O Level in it, you know...).
Yes, I can. It happens all the time, just it doesn't suit your view of the Beeb to hear it. I would say that the Beeb are left of centre with their reportage but they're hardly singing the red flag. Where the true depth of their leftist sentiment is expressed is in dramas and the like. You rarely see a positive, rich "likely tory" character in a drama. And these are far more popular than their current affairs offerings....
As it is I think both sides are pretty uninspiring to be honest. The same old lies trotted out by the same old parties. I can't imagine anything less inspiring than being a mouthpiece for it.

I do have to say, the BBC obsession with getting both sides views in one programme are leading to some terrible TV.

Yes, I can. It happens all the time, just it doesn't suit your view of the Beeb to hear it. I would say that the Beeb are left of centre with their reportage but they're hardly singing the red flag. Where the true depth of their leftist sentiment is expressed is in dramas and the like. You rarely see a positive, rich "likely tory" character in a drama. And these are far more popular than their current affairs offerings....
As it is I think both sides are pretty uninspiring to be honest. The same old lies trotted out by the same old parties. I can't imagine anything less inspiring than being a mouthpiece for it.
I agree with more of what you say there than you'd probably credit me for. I do find the revisionist view of history tiresome - particularly in dramas, as you say.

I stand by my statement about skewed 'balance', however. We may just have to agree to disagree there.

Extract from the article:

A BBC spokesman insisted there were no problems with its coverage.

"We believe our coverage of immigration is in the right place and we cover this complex issue in depth," he said.

We believe our coverage of [insert topic] is in the right place...

And there you have it.

Say what? the point is they can't get elected unless they make out they're business friendly, Blair taught us that. Funnily enough I' ve just been going through some scrap books from the period 04 -06 and I couldn't distinguish between any of their policies and Conservative ones. If anyone thinks that SNP or UKIP are going to be any different they are going to be in for a shock.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

While generally agreeing with you about BBC bias, one of the 5 Live breakfast folk allowed a Labour creature to bang on about the Tories and the NHS a couple of weeks ago and then hit them with Labour's record in Wales, reducing them to rubble ("Wales is entirely different" was the response I think).

That said, it would be nice if someone from the Beeb could explain why the Daily Mail being nasty about Weird Ed's dad was headline news for a week, why the Man-made Global Warming debate is settled in favour of the CO2 cultists with coverage formally denied to the 'anti' argument (and why, by definition given how they defended the appearance of Nick Griffin on Question Time, the debate's still raging about the BNP) and when we can look forward to a prime time satirical show about extreme mullahs (and perhaps a 'grooming'/off to fight for ISIS storyline on Eastenders).

Say what? the point is they can't get elected unless they make out they're business friendly, Blair taught us that. Funnily enough I' ve just been going through some scrap books from the period 04 -06 and I couldn't distinguish between any of their policies and Conservative ones. If anyone thinks that SNP or UKIP are going to be any different they are going to be in for a shock.
Perhaps it's more who is least business unfriendly this election?