migrant workers allowed to join hm armed forces

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by squigeypie, Apr 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. just looking at the army pay review for this year. in one paragraph it mentioned that the army should broaden its field as regards to recruiting
    looks like we gonna get a shed load of poles working with us

2. That takes care of the question of what were we going to do with all those left over lances then.....
  3. I suggest that the author, whilst not making it clear, is referring to Commonwealth soldiers
  4. Shame that... feckin' good soldiers, the Poles...
  5. Lol
  6. Absolutely true. Polish Armd Bde, Ab Bde etc served with us from Normandy to the German surrender.

Apparently Polish pilots in the RAF were the only ones happy to take off in thick fog in order to have a crack at the Nazis.
  7. they are eligible to join arnt they, the quote in the pay doc says recruiting from areas previously ineligible to join
  8. Thanks CrapSpy...

I spent 2 years "watching" them some while ago...

The Sovs and the Ossies were never "comfortable" about having them as "Allies".

I also met quite a few of The Few and they were some of the feistiest, hard-drinking elderly gents I've ever had the pleasure of meeting!

I'd be more than happy back-to-back with a Pole in a scrap... 8)
  9. Sounds like a workable plan... long as the immigrant gets a fair shake at citizenship for putting his 4th point of contact on the line. Some of the best soldiers I've worked with in the US Army were fellows taking the service route to becoming Americans so I'm sure the same will be true for you Brits.
  10. I heard,that when Poland was in the 'grip' of Solidarity in the late 80's, and there was the possibility of a repeat of 1939,Poles were asked who would they shoot first,Germans or Russians? apparently the reply was "Germans,then Russians" and when asked why "Business first,then pleasure.."
  11. The Poles living next door to me are a pain in the fcuking arse.
  12. before you LOL mate take look at the free poles fighting record in ww2 quite impressive, and actually rather better than ours in a lot of cases, wasnt it the poles who actually got to take monte cassino from the german paras?
  13. Yep... if only the powers that be allowed the darned place to be bombed and shelled earlier then perhaps thousands of lives could have been spared. I'm all for preserving history, but not when the preservation is given higher status than one's personnel.
  14. I think it was crusader.. I was driving my OC and after we arrived in location he wanted to assist in scrimming the rover up.

He sent me off to fetch a couple of poles.

When I returned with Blazewitc and Bogdanovitch he wasn't best pleased.. :D
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm all for the poles signing on the dotted line. Rumour has that they are madder than a mad thing locked in a small box.

Interesting take on the US forces policy on people wanting citizenship. What a marvelous idea. Forget making immigrants sweep streets and do community service jobs; give them a 4 year stint in Her Maj's finest to turn them into hard-drinking, swearing, fornicating and highly valued members of society with a better grasp of the lingo and culture than most chavs you'll ever meet.