MIGRAINES

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by 00nate, Oct 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does any1 know how long you need to be migraines free for to join ?

2. Had a crushing headache (on the scale of a migrane without dizzyness, loss of vision etc) last night when I went in to my civvy job at night.

Drunk students were looking at me like I had sprouted an extra head, as I was almost in tears, mlarring away and completely ignoring (unoftunately :( ) drunken flirting and passes from the fairer sex.

A note of caution however- I managed to kill it with 2 Ibuprofen then another 2 an hour later. However, the result wassuch that I felt like a tired drunken spack. The miners in my head stopped for some kip though 8)

In answer to your post 00nate, check your gumpf and literature you'll have.

3. 4-5 years i think

4. I would be interested if anyone had the facts on this. I've looked around myself but generally come up with blanks or conflicting information.

5. That is because even now nobody really knows what causes it. Thought to be chemical changes linked to stress, fatigue, lack of sleep and extreme emotions, none of which bodes well in combat!

Also can be triggered by certain foods/drink, effectively an allergy.

6. Mine started after a headtrauma in 2004 - downgraded awaiting med discharge - You'll never get in you fairy!

7. Sure that wasn't just sympathy and concern? :wink:

8. Hi, i suffer from migraines every month or so, but strange enough i never get them on holidays :? stress/lack of sleep/ caffine causes em. nowhave medication called paramax which stops them in about 15 minutes.
    http://www.migraines.org/ this site may also help u bout treatments etc