Might be quite a few like this guy?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by glosterbaggie, Apr 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WTF?

Try again, in English, with grammar.

2. Whilst I have the upmost respect, things like this and remembrance day always bring a tear to my eye, be it seeing humanity, respect, rembrance of my own loved ones who have passed or perhaps just the reality of life, I don't know but it does make me tear up and a lump in my throat.

That said, it does seem like grief whoring in its purest form.

3. RIP but a shame that they made a big fuss of him only after he died.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Why? He wasn't living on the streets or stuck in a bedsit with no heating and friends. He was in a care home being looked after. What big fuss should he have received?

5. Didn't we have a similar story about a Bootie in February?
    Well done Tamworth.

6. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Don't think it was as long ago as that, think it's the same story. Extremely similar if not.

7. Different story, same mourners.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nothing less than a State funeral for being an ex Marine :)

Dont knock it, you lot made it all trendy and good to hug a thug.... sorry.... love a soldier.... By whingeing that no one liked you and you were only doing what the Government wanted, dont be so suprised if the public take it another step and start to respect soldiers from a earlier era. Good effort for the standard bearers and ex/serving forces personnel who turned out.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Thanks

10. The Royal Marines are a family it is not grief whoring but duty and fellowship.

11. I'm glad the RBL Riders Branch could add its particular gravitas to the occasion.

• Like Like x 1
  12. .

13. We get naked a lot, especially to wash, unlike smelly perce of the black bag washing machine.