Might almost think an election is looming.....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Nov 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the Labour Party mouthpiece

Brown to give help to army families

PM to offer housing aid and job training in bid to win support over Afghan war

"In an unprecedented move that reflects deepening anxiety in government about low morale among soldiers' relatives, the prime minister has invited 80 members of forces families, including wives and grandparents of serving soldiers, to Downing Street this week for a private reception to discuss their concerns"

See: he cares. He really, really does care. So much so that he is not going to be there:

"Brown had been due to attend the Downing Street reception but has asked his wife Sarah to do so as he has to attend a special summit in Brussels to choose the first permanent president of the European Council. , will attempt to shore up support for the Afghanistan campaign during his address at the lord mayor's banquet."

Pathetic, shabby, manipulative headline and vote grabbing. No change there then.
  2. Note the discrepancy between headline and what was actually proposed in the article.'Discuss their concerns' is a long way from delivery, (even if he hadn't deputised his (non-office holding) missus).

Anyway, doing something would not only go against all his instincts, but would be seen as 'positive discrimination' in favour of uniformed neo Nazi baby eaters, so would not pass either the in house legal departments, or the Guardian editorial test.
  3. So better nothing, I presume?
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Possibly also because he is so awkward around people that it's better that his wife does the meeting.

What did Hislop sat on "Have I got News.." - we're now beyond hating him and into pitying him
  5. I don't think we were particularly positive about him when the meeting was first publicised (http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=138000.html). This just takes the biscuit.

I appreciate that Mrs Brown is probably a far, far better human than he is. And has previous Army experience :) But she isn't even an unelected minister! If he had to run away to his masters in Brussels, what about deputising one of the elected non-entities Rammell or Jones?
  6. Did we vote for his wife?
  7. Or Lord Mandelson.

Which would you prefer to meet?

8. Neither… both have proven they have poor judgement

9. Do I get choice of weapons?
  10. Votes?

I'd give her one.
  11. 'Bravo_Bravo', you do take the content of your 'signature' seriously don't you? :D :D :D
  12. Did we vote for him?

13. SLoppy seconds after Broon?

Uuuuuuuugh! :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:
  14. Brown has seconds after Mandlebum, so you are well down the list :D