Midsommer Murders.

Tonight ITV inspector Barnby traps a killer, who claims to have been on op Herrick. Slips up by referring to an Apache as 'Wokka'. Lock I'm up. The swine.
Didn't see much of the new doggie.

CFB
Take an Orange from the box

As a civvie I must proudly say that I spotted that, the walt reference and the missing medal. The wife said I was a smug bastard in french, english and kashmiri.

That Midsommer is a right dangerous place to live, there's always some cnut getting murdered.

That Inspector Barnaby chap was on Steve Wright in the Afternoon yesterday. He came across as a pretty laid back sort of chap.

In the real world it would have been noticed they have a 100% clear up rate.

This indicates they are over staffed and efficiencies would have to be made.

Its never just one, they drop in groups of three or four at a time. Being the pathologist there must be murder.
Good job security though.

2000AD

Old-Salt
I think it's Barnaby and his close associates doing all the locals in. The show up without fail every time some poor b'stard gets done over. I reckon they've stitched loads of Midsummer locals on a fit up job over the years.

They say a murderer always returns to the scene of the crime and Barnaby and his henchmen (and women, cos I suspect his doris works out who to do in next to keep the suspicion away from the totally dodgy Midsummer plod) are the ones who are the constant in all this just to maintain a constant flow of work so they're on a nice easy earner.

The strange and unusual means of murder always make me think it’s a like NCIS, but without the excitement.
I agree, the murders are much more civilised in Midsommer.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
My lack of telly is vindicated once again, by reading a brief summary by the denizens of arrse. Thank you for letting me know what utter dogdoo I'm missing.

I watched episode one of the latest series earlier but only got halfway through it. I found it painfully slow and hard going to be honest. Might watch the rest of it tomorrow.

PFGEN

GCM
I think it's Barnaby and his close associates doing all the locals in. The show up without fail every time some poor b'stard gets done over. I reckon they've stitched loads of Midsummer locals on a fit up job over the years.

They say a murderer always returns to the scene of the crime and Barnaby and his henchmen (and women, cos I suspect his doris works out who to do in next to keep the suspicion away from the totally dodgy Midsummer plod) are the ones who are the constant in all this just to maintain a constant flow of work so they're on a nice easy earner.
Interesting theory there; his mrs finds the mark, Barnaby and the pathologist decide on the means while his DS is the one that gives the vic the good news. Bit of investigating, couple of more bodies and an arrest. Bonuses and extra shift pay all round for a perfect clean up rate. Given the number of bodies in the freezer I'm surprised that somebody at regional level hasn't flooded the area with a more visual presence as a deterrent to the butchers of Midsomer.

Yokel

LE
That Midsommer is a right dangerous place to live, there's always some cnut getting murdered.
Jersey was the same when he was there. Is John Nettles simply surrounded by death? He once narrated a BBC documentary series about - disasters. What else has he done?

In reply to the OP, an ARRSE user once referred to a naval ASW Merlin as a Wokka after a documentary in 2008 about HMS Illustrious.

Latest Threads