Midlands Challenge

Has anyone downloaded the bumf yet?

Compared to the SC07 site a bit bland & lacking in infomation.

Yeah

its its going to be ran at an atr for 4 different fortnights throught the summer and incompasses what would be learnt on the phase 1 and 2 weekend , plus maybe a cmsr as well

FFBox said:

Maybe.

Maybe, they'll have some still in the service after 6 months.

Sorry, I thought it was about 143 Bde getting funding this year.

The CSM mentioned this to me last week and said that you basically get Phase 1 and 2 done over six weeks instead of the usual upmteen weekends.

I find this kind of approach strange as, being fully employed, would find it really hard to get 6 weeks off work to attend. Students, on the otherhand, would be laughing!

Target audience I think mate.
Students/college leavers.
Doesnt seem to offer what the scottish challenge does though. driving lessons for example.
But yeah, on the whole a good idea. Is it just for the Infantry?

GOC2Div said:
FFBox said:

Maybe.

Maybe, they'll have some still in the service after 6 months.
But according to your Tag line.........

suits_U said:
I'm fairly sure 37 Regt are in on it, so no, not just infantry.

usmarox said:
suits_U said:
I'm fairly sure 37 Regt are in on it, so no, not just infantry.
No, not just Infantry - this is aimed at all comers who have 4 weeks to spare this summer. A big ask, and it'll probably only suit students / unemployed. Those successful at Lichfield can opt for whichever unit suits them. MC07 is a training vehicle not a recruitment effort for any one single corps/arm. That can be decided by the individual.

It is a selection based course of training, you can either be on a 2 week course consisting of Phase 1A or the full 4 week course which incorporates Phase 1A and B training, 50 recruits on each course. I went to the selection the other day in Donnington. It looks to be a good course, good luck to anyone who has applied. And any Midlands based TA unit can try for the Challenge, i'm RMLY.

sharpshooter07 said:
It is a selection based course of training, you can either be on a 2 week course consisting of Phase 1A or the full 4 week course which incorporates Phase 1A and B training, 50 recruits on each course. I went to the selection the other day in Donnington. It looks to be a good course, good luck to anyone who has applied. And any Midlands based TA unit can try for the Challenge, i'm RMLY.
I was part of the training team on the selection weekend, were you the gobby fecker who i killed on the command task?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment 0
T Army Reserve 12
EX_STAB Army Reserve 9