Midlands Challenge 2009

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by BOBBYTURBO, Dec 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know the dates for 2009 Midlands Challenge? I'm starting phase 1 training in January for Assault Pioneers but my gaffer is not letting me rearrange weekend shifts to cover all my training. I've heard that they are running 3 challenges this year (spring, summer, autumn) and my place of work will be shut down for 3 weeks both spring and summer so i could make up training if this possible. Any info appreciated. Cheers

Also forgot to add - is it possible to combine weekend training with midlands challenge?
  2. The dates for the 5 Div Challenges in the Midlands are as follows:

5xx 143 (WM) Spring Challenge 28 Mar – 9 Apr

5xx 143 (WM) Midland Challenge 3-27 Jul

There are others in other Divisions - see your local RTC dates.

The Midlands Challenge website - www.midlandschallenge.co.uk has not been updated yet.
  3. Yes you can combine the two (weekends and a Challenge course) but there will be quite a bit of duplication. Try to get on Spring challenge and get the training out of the way asap but remember that you need to do a CIC within a period of time afterwards. Summer challenge has a CIC bolted onto it, in 08 it was really good and the whole 4 week course was a major benefit to those who did it- or at least I hope so as I was an instructor on it....
  4. just been on the website and they say they are no longer recruiting for it.
  5. ur right! thats last years website