Middle Wallop - Good posting?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by CC_TA, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening one and all.

I may well be posted to Middle Wallop soon on an FTRS. I've phoned around a few mates who have said it was a good posting a few years ago but no info on what it's like now.

Much to do while you're there? Good accommodation, facilities, plenty of work? (REME armourer.)

More to the point - anything to avoid? :)

Any info appreciated.

Cheers!

2. Yeah, the front gate!! :D Just keep on going down the A343 fella....

3. Good posting...........LOL......its stuck in the middle of nowhere......LOL

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I was there a few years ago with 70Ac Wksp and enjoyed it.

You will need a car.

5. Sounds like a case of work and then escape. Is there anything in stumbling distance of work to unwind or is it an amuse yourself location?

6. 5 miles to andover, £15 in a cab back late on, £25 from salisbury which is 15 miles away

7. Soton is not too far, same with Pompey. Slightly more for a cab no doubt but plenty to keep you occupied. Nice riding if you're into bikes (motor and conventional) and also running too (if it's your sort of thing...!)

8. spaz

spaz On ROPs

A mate of mine was in the workshops (blackhand) at Wallop, on his PPP he asked for ANY unit bar AAC. I think it was all the balloon head Air Techs he had an issue with rather than the AAC though.

9. Don't miss a visit to the museum while you're there, it's not to be missed! :twisted:

10. Running away is the only running I do. (Or to the bar for last orders.)

Cheers for the info everybody.