Middle Wallop - Good posting?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by CC_TA, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening one and all.

I may well be posted to Middle Wallop soon on an FTRS. I've phoned around a few mates who have said it was a good posting a few years ago but no info on what it's like now.

Much to do while you're there? Good accommodation, facilities, plenty of work? (REME armourer.)

More to the point - anything to avoid? :)

Any info appreciated.

Cheers!

2. Yeah, the front gate!! :D Just keep on going down the A343 fella....

3. Good posting...........LOL......its stuck in the middle of nowhere......LOL

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I was there a few years ago with 70Ac Wksp and enjoyed it.

You will need a car.

5. Sounds like a case of work and then escape. Is there anything in stumbling distance of work to unwind or is it an amuse yourself location?

6. 5 miles to andover, £15 in a cab back late on, £25 from salisbury which is 15 miles away

7. Soton is not too far, same with Pompey. Slightly more for a cab no doubt but plenty to keep you occupied. Nice riding if you're into bikes (motor and conventional) and also running too (if it's your sort of thing...!)

8. A mate of mine was in the workshops (blackhand) at Wallop, on his PPP he asked for ANY unit bar AAC. I think it was all the balloon head Air Techs he had an issue with rather than the AAC though.

9. Don't miss a visit to the museum while you're there, it's not to be missed! :twisted:

10. Running away is the only running I do. (Or to the bar for last orders.)

Cheers for the info everybody.