Middle East War: Made in Europe ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Jul 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does Europe have a special responsibility to help Israel ?
    Why or why not ?

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-garton27jul27,0,3863254.story?coll=la-opinion-rightrail

2. "Increasingly radical European rejection from the 1880s to 1940s". I think anti-semitism in Europe, indeed throughout the world, has been rife from time immemorial.
    Israel, and Judaism, deserving of sympathy for the Holocaust, has long since lost the moral high ground. The attitudes displayed by some bear comparison with Nazism. And no, I am not an anti-semite.

3. I may be misunderstanding your remarks but are you comparing Israel attack on Hezbollah with Nazism or is the occupation of the west bank where they have crossed into Nazism.

This is a difficult issue but should be talked about.

4. The Israel treatment to it Arab population and it comptem to the UN resoluation had make Nazism look mild, and they actually getting away with it!!

The Jews can stop claiming their victimhood from Holocaust, the Russian have lost 20 milions in that war and the Chinese lost a few milions more from the Japanese and they don't even got a penny compensation from it. Let alone milking the issue like the Jewish lobby in the State did.

If Europe are responable to the middle east situation, it is not the anti-semitism of the 19th & 20th Century but the creation of a Jewish homeland after the Great War. If the British under Lloyd-George didn't promise a Jewish homeland in 1917, and put out in 1946 after suffer from the continous terrorist attack. There will not be an Israel state, and current conflict will be unlikely.

5. Are we talking about Jews or Israellis? Plenty of those Russians were jews (but I agree completely about the Chinese, and the forgotten asian holocaust). Jews and Israellis are 2 very different things. The west has a responsibility to help find a solution, and in turn help both Israel and Lebanon. The Israelli people are besieged on all sides AND alienated by their leaders. It's an ugly situation for all.

6. YES, A LOT OF PEOPLE FELT GUILTY POST '45 - AND RIGHTLY SO. WITHOUT DOUBT, A MAJOR FACTOR IN ENABLING THE RECREATION OF THE STATE OF ISRAEL. MOST EUROPEAN & AMERICAN JEWS HAD NO INTEREST IN ZIONISM (A MINORITY/ CRANK CONCERN) UNTIL THE SHOA EXPERIENCE COURTESY OF MR HITLER AND THE NASTIES; STRANGELY, THEREAFTER, MOST BECAME POWERFULLY MOTIVATED TO RE-ESTABLISH A HOMELAND AS A PLACE OF REFUGE FOR ANY JEW. PECULIAR IMPULSE, I KNOW, AS I CAN'T IMAGINE THAT ANY OTHER GROUP OF PEOPLE, HAVING EXPERIENCED AN ATTEMPT TO SLAUGHTER THEM IN A PRODUCTION LINE MANNER, WOULD EVER THINK THIS WAY!

BTW, BRITAIN WITHDREW FROM PALESTINE IN 1948.

7. Does Europe have a special responsibility to help Israel ?

I think that no. Jewish people is of course a remarkable one but there is a lot of other peoples that suffered from injustice.

Has Turkey a special responsibility to help Armenia? If no then what is a defference with Israel?

Has USA a special responsibility to help Liberia. Liberia had been founded by Americans, former slaves. Jews in Europe were at least free but there was a slavery in USA. It was much worse than anti-Semitism.

Has Germany a special responsibility to help Russia? I think that no.

Has Russia a special responsibility to help former parts of Soviet Union? Again, the answer is no.

Maybe the UK must help India and other former colonies (Great Britain used their resources btw)? Again no.