Mid-East. This could be interesting...

#1
Reuters

GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.

The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the claim by the spokesman from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.

The group had recently claimed to possess about 20 biological warheads for the makeshift rockets commonly fired from Gaza at Israeli towns. This was the first time the group had claimed firing such a rocket.

"The al-Aqsa Brigades have fired one rocket with a chemical warhead" at southern Israel, Abu Qusai, a spokesman for the group, said in Gaza.



An Israeli military spokeswoman said the army had not detected that any such rocket was fired, nor was there any report of such a weapon hitting Israel.



© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.



Either an insanely stupid thing to do....
Or an insane claim to make.
 
#3
Cant be true. Israel would have nuked them for doing that.
 
#5
If it turns out to be true, Israel would very possibly decide to march straight back into Gaza and I'm not too sure many people would blame them. What is it with these Palistinian groups? They know if they play by the rules they have the world on their side (except maybe the US), once they start throwing this stuff about at civilian targets in Israel, they'll have nobody on their side.

Just wonder if they care.
 
#6
They haven't done it.

Three different groups claim responsibility for one kidnapping. They claim they will bring-down Israel time and time again and yet they haven't. It's just another flashy show that will amount to nothing. From what I've seen from our media so often (yet not always) it's all talk and no action. Yes they do carry out devastating attacks, but even if they could manage it do you really think they'd dare to make biological war-heads? They'd lose a good chunk of sympathy; then again, they are extremists.

So, once more I come to the conclusion that time will tell, and that's pretty much all I can say on the matter.
 
#8
I'd hazard a guess that if they ever do something of that nature, international sympathy or lack thereof, is likely to be the least of their worries.
 
G

Goku

Guest
#9
dingerr said:
Cant be true. Israel would have nuked them for doing that.
Israel isn’t stupid, the radiation would contaminate their own land as well as Palestine.
Nukes are far too dangerous to use, bloody stupid weapon.
 
#10
Depends how they're used really.

And you'd be surprised what people will put up with out of sheer spite.
 
#11
Biscuits_Brown said:
GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.


The spokesman for al-Asda wal-Mart Brigades then went on to explain that the warhead consisted of 2oz of the deadly-toxic v1m, a notoriously powerful abrasive agent, but easily purchaseable from any of their many stores nationwide. He said, "the mission was simply a clean-up operation".
 
#12
merkator said:
Biscuits_Brown said:
GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.


The spokesman for al-Asda wal-Mart Brigades then went on to explain that the warhead consisted of 2oz of the deadly-toxic v1m, a notoriously powerful abrasive agent, but easily purchaseable from any of their many stores nationwide. He said, "the mission was simply a clean-up operation".

So no Cillit Bang and Barry Scott involvment then
 
#13
Goku said:
dingerr said:
Cant be true. Israel would have nuked them for doing that.
Israel isn’t stupid, the radiation would contaminate their own land as well as Palestine.
Nukes are far too dangerous to use, bloody stupid weapon.
Too true indeed, Goku! I'm glad that someone drew attention to this fact!

MsG
 
#14
Biscuits_Brown said:
Reuters
GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.
The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the claim by the spokesman from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.
The group had recently claimed to possess about 20 biological warheads for the makeshift rockets commonly fired from Gaza at Israeli towns. This was the first time the group had claimed firing such a rocket.
"The al-Aqsa Brigades have fired one rocket with a chemical warhead" at southern Israel, Abu Qusai, a spokesman for the group, said in Gaza.

quote]

OOOOOOhhhhhhh F##K if they have!
but as said, they would have to be bloody stupid to even threaten Israel with this ....... they have ............ has the Gaza looney bin had an escapee recently?
 
#16
saladin said:
dan_man said:
Not a good move if they enjoy relatively low levels of radiation in the Gaza strip...
Mossad in action again, sabotaging my post.............. I thought I had said something along the lines of Gaza is only 25miles long by 3-6 wide. The Israelis will need more than ray-bans if the drop the instant sunshine.
 
#17
Goku said:
dingerr said:
Cant be true. Israel would have nuked them for doing that.
Israel isn’t stupid, the radiation would contaminate their own land as well as Palestine.
Nukes are far too dangerous to use, bloody stupid weapon.
Not to mention the worlds reaction. We would no longer be talking tit for tat. America might even cut off it's aid...
 
#18
Its seems that the claim may not be so far fetched, there has been reports previously of these rockets being laced with warfarin (an anticoagulant). What I read said that most times the warfarin is cooked off by the explosion, but some times the shrapnel taken from the wounded has left wounds which will not stop bleeding unless a coagulant is administered.

"[Jerusalem Hadassah Hospital's Dr. Avi] Rivkind regularly encounters injuries virtually unseen before: horrific wounds to the head, chest, even rectum, caused by nails, screws and ball bearings flying at high velocity. One suicide bomber sprinkled rat poison among his nuts and bolts, which acts as an often-fatal anticoagulant. “This 14-year-old girl was bleeding uncontrollably from every one of her puncture wounds,” Rivkind says. The doctor managed to stop the bleeding by using a coagulant, still unapproved by the American Food and Drug Administration, which he has since used to treat several other bomb-blast victims."


Found this on a blog, but seems to be within the realms of fact.
 
#19
We would no longer be talking tit for tat
Actually, that's exactly what you would be talking about....

It seems like an incredibly stupid claim to make, from the POV of the terrorists.

And as far as the size of Gaza goes.... Anyone that still has one of those little circular slide-rules.... do 1kt at 200m AGL.... Surprising innit?

But for all that, why bother with nuclear weapons?

If you can steam into a country and do more or less whatever you want on the basis that they may posess special weapons, it will be somewhat difficult to in anyway berate another nation for doing the same thing if said weapons have actually been used against it.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top