Mid-East. This could be interesting...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Biscuits_Brown, Jun 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reuters

GAZA (Reuters) - A spokesman for gunmen in the Gaza Strip said they had fired a rocket tipped with a chemical warhead at Israel early on Thursday.

The Israeli army had no immediate comment on the claim by the spokesman from the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, an armed wing of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's Fatah movement.

The group had recently claimed to possess about 20 biological warheads for the makeshift rockets commonly fired from Gaza at Israeli towns. This was the first time the group had claimed firing such a rocket.

"The al-Aqsa Brigades have fired one rocket with a chemical warhead" at southern Israel, Abu Qusai, a spokesman for the group, said in Gaza.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said the army had not detected that any such rocket was fired, nor was there any report of such a weapon hitting Israel.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

Either an insanely stupid thing to do....
    Or an insane claim to make.

2. Might be time that they started to order in the factor 5000 sun block! :twisted:

3. Cant be true. Israel would have nuked them for doing that.

4. Oh FFS. Here we go again. :x

5. If it turns out to be true, Israel would very possibly decide to march straight back into Gaza and I'm not too sure many people would blame them. What is it with these Palistinian groups? They know if they play by the rules they have the world on their side (except maybe the US), once they start throwing this stuff about at civilian targets in Israel, they'll have nobody on their side.

Just wonder if they care.

6. They haven't done it.

Three different groups claim responsibility for one kidnapping. They claim they will bring-down Israel time and time again and yet they haven't. It's just another flashy show that will amount to nothing. From what I've seen from our media so often (yet not always) it's all talk and no action. Yes they do carry out devastating attacks, but even if they could manage it do you really think they'd dare to make biological war-heads? They'd lose a good chunk of sympathy; then again, they are extremists.

So, once more I come to the conclusion that time will tell, and that's pretty much all I can say on the matter.

7. Not a good move if they enjoy relatively low levels of radiation in the Gaza strip...

8. I'd hazard a guess that if they ever do something of that nature, international sympathy or lack thereof, is likely to be the least of their worries.

9. Israel isn’t stupid, the radiation would contaminate their own land as well as Palestine.
    Nukes are far too dangerous to use, bloody stupid weapon.

10. Depends how they're used really.

And you'd be surprised what people will put up with out of sheer spite.

11. The spokesman for al-Asda wal-Mart Brigades then went on to explain that the warhead consisted of 2oz of the deadly-toxic v1m, a notoriously powerful abrasive agent, but easily purchaseable from any of their many stores nationwide. He said, "the mission was simply a clean-up operation".

12. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

So no Cillit Bang and Barry Scott involvment then

13. Too true indeed, Goku! I'm glad that someone drew attention to this fact!

MsG