Microwave science

#1
If you take a grape, slice it almost in half, so just a small bit of skin remains connecting the two halves.

1) Place the grape in the microwave and set on high for 1min (doesn't take this long)
2) the two halves pickup and focus radiation into the skin "bridge" part.
3) The skin follows the process that happens when things are heated up
eg. Solid (ice) > Liquid (Water) > Gas (steam/vapour) > Ionised gas (plasma)

4) These steps occur in about 0.2sec. Quite entertaining if you're bored.

Anyone else done any good microwave science?
 
#2
stuck some tin foil in the microwave once, quite a bit of fun, but managed to ruin the microwave. :x

Also heard that you can take those unwanted CD's that come in the mail (or from wherever) and stick them in, apparently causes quite a fireworks show in the dark. never done it myself though.
 
#3
Anything with metal in it stands a chance of killing the microwave. The grape one is well worth doing in the dark.

Eggs? do they explode?
 
#4
not that I heard of, I think they just cook normally...

However, it serves as a great alternative to the original "hampster dance" to put a hampster in there and turn it on. 8O :twisted:
 
#7
When I was bored, I stuck an egg in under a pyrex bowl, just in case. Went up with a big bang, cracked the bowl, and there was egg all over the bloody thing.
 
#10
Eggs do they expolde ?

Well early 80's we had a jock pay sgt. Nice bloke but liked a drink.
Not the most switched on sort after a skinful and he could sup a skinful or two.
Came into the mess early hours felt peckish, could only find some eggs ready for breakfast so he popped a couple in the microwave
Explode, well the Mess staff exploded the following morning when they had to clean up the mess.
john
 
#11
giblackjack said:
Also heard that you can take those unwanted CD's that come in the mail (or from wherever) and stick them in, apparently causes quite a fireworks show in the dark. never done it myself though.
Yeah, just tried it. Very pretty chaser light effects - start silvery, then change to orange as the CD melts. 8O

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=8&pos=0


Microwave is safe, by the way, until the insulating properties of the plastic fail - about 20 secs on full power. Anyone want a microwave, spares or repair ? :oops:
 
#13
Little Jack H said:
giblackjack said:
Also heard that you can take those unwanted CD's that come in the mail (or from wherever) and stick them in, apparently causes quite a fireworks show in the dark. never done it myself though.
Yeah, just tried it. Very pretty chaser light effects - start silvery, then change to orange as the CD melts. 8O

Microwave is safe, by the way, until the insulating properties of the plastic fail - about 20 secs on full power. Anyone want a microwave, spares or repair ? :oops:
PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
#14
Here's a must-try for you, folks :)


1) Take an ordinary sewing needle

2) Use plasticine to stick it, point upwards, in a bowl

3) Add a couple of teaspoons of water

4) Cover the pin with an upside-down drinking glass (cheap shot glass is ideal)

5) Microwave on full power

Pretty lightning effects, followed by pulsing orange fireball - pics, or maybe link to vid, to follow later.

Microwave is safe cos water vapour keeps the discharge contained inside the glass 8)



LJ (no H) accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage or personal injury caused by following these instructions. But it DOES work!
 
#16
Christmas tree lights work pretty well, as a microwave should work well to light your fags as well... or so they say.

I tried out a prawn cracker in one back home last night but nothing much happened.
 
#17
Although this doesn't involve a microwave, it's still fun.

Get a can of petrol and insert the hose from a vacuum cleener in. Turn on the vacuum and let it suck up the petrol. As it passes the warm motor/fillaments you should get a nice explosion that sees to anything within a 3m radius of the vaccuum.

Alternatively iron filings and magnsium in a microwave on full power works wonders!
 
#19
Little Jack H said:
Here's a must-try for you, folks :)


1) Take an ordinary sewing needle

2) Use plasticine to stick it, point upwards, in a bowl

3) Add a couple of teaspoons of water

4) Cover the pin with an upside-down drinking glass (cheap shot glass is ideal)

5) Microwave on full power

Pretty lightning effects, followed by pulsing orange fireball - pics, or maybe link to vid, to follow later.
Photos, please...we need photos..

8O
 
#20
Have you tried to microwave "flumps" (soft pink sweets). Alledgedly they "mysteriously" grow and fill the microwave. Heard this from mate who's nipper tried it at home. Earnt the lad a fat lip. I think the idea came from a kids TV programme.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts