Microsoft office 2003/2007

#1
Anyone know where I can get a, ahem, copy of this for free?

Ideally one that actually works.
 

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
#2
tried open office instead?
 
#4
#5
PM sent smudge.
 
#7
in_the_cheapseats said:
Still serving? Might be able to get a proper licence through the MoD for a nominal sum. Can't remember what the criteria are but it is what I have. As the professional programme is the one they hand out, you are saving over £400.

Edited to add - knew this had been done before

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=57977.html

Linky to application page for Office licences

This is a couple of years old and the rules may be more flexible now. You will need to check

Good luck
Yes this still works, received mine last weekend for £16.95.
You can also get visio but that is another £16.95.
 
#8
All_I_Want said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Still serving? Might be able to get a proper licence through the MoD for a nominal sum. Can't remember what the criteria are but it is what I have. As the professional programme is the one they hand out, you are saving over £400.

Edited to add - knew this had been done before

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=57977.html

Linky to application page for Office licences

This is a couple of years old and the rules may be more flexible now. You will need to check

Good luck
Yes this still works, received mine last weekend for £16.95.
You can also get visio but that is another £16.95.
Agreed and it is a bargain but it is massively over-engineered for what I want and it isn't the same version as on DII/F; I would have preferred the older version!

I hate the 2007 version of Excel!

Litotes
 
#9
Excel 07 is useless and can't do maths; don't use it for anything important unless you feel like going through the whole spreadsheet correcting the formulas. Wait a bit for Office 08
 
#10
Bravo_Zulu said:
Excel 07 is useless and can't do maths; don't use it for anything important unless you feel like going through the whole spreadsheet correcting the formulas. Wait a bit for Office 08
Office 08 is an application for Apple Macs. It's pretty much the same as Office 07 but without the totally unnecessary and frustrating ribbon bar thing. There won't be an Office 08 for Windows because it's already 2009.
 

OldSnowy

LE
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#11
You'd be astonished (or not, of course, if you've been here/here at the moment) at the range of hookey software available in Afgh for a few bucks - Office, Visio, AutoCad, DreamWeaver, etc., plus all the graphics progs you could imagine. Not that I'd ever buy anything like that, of course (well, not when there's $2 DVDs that is).

I could not of course countenance the purchase of use of anything like this.


PM me if you need anything urgently :)
 
#12
Litotes said:
All_I_Want said:
in_the_cheapseats said:
Still serving? Might be able to get a proper licence through the MoD for a nominal sum. Can't remember what the criteria are but it is what I have. As the professional programme is the one they hand out, you are saving over £400.

Edited to add - knew this had been done before

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=57977.html

Linky to application page for Office licences

This is a couple of years old and the rules may be more flexible now. You will need to check

Good luck
Yes this still works, received mine last weekend for £16.95.
You can also get visio but that is another £16.95.
Agreed and it is a bargain but it is massively over-engineered for what I want and it isn't the same version as on DII/F; I would have preferred the older version!

I hate the 2007 version of Excel!

Litotes
I've now used Word 2007 - and hate it. Just selecting Landscape took me 20 minutes and I couldn't easily replicate it!

Why did I not visit my local fair and buy an old Office 2003 disk?!

Grrrrrrr

Litotes
 
#13
On word it took me ages to work out how to switch off the double spacing after starting a new line.
 
#15
sc_obvious said:
On word it took me ages to work out how to switch off the double spacing after starting a new line.
Don't press 'Enter'. Word processors are not your father's typewriter ;)

msr
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads