Paint & Tools Micro Drill Bits Set Tool 0.1mm-1.0mm

Making a pleasant change from review paint sets and watching them dry, here’s a review for a micro drill set, in this case the one on flebay that’s listed as “10pc PCB CNC Print Circuit Board Carbide Micro Drill Bits Set Tool 0.1mm-1.0mm”
bits .jpg

This set tends to be sold as a generic item from a number of sellers for around £1.25 to £3 mark including postage, although they can take a while to turn up via the post from China, so if you’re in a rush for a very small drill set, Amazon do them for about 3 times the price for a quicker turnaround time.

In the set you get 10 drill bits fitted to a shank, this does mean that you can use the bits “as is” to drill with, without relying on using a microdrill which can get in the way when drilling out awkward to reach items on a kit.

bits 2.jpg

It should be noted that the bits themselves are “very” delicate, especially at the smaller end of the scale, if you drop them, you will break them. It’s a good idea to count this as a disposable item, normally, I tend to order two boxes at a time, because it’s almost guarantied that I’ll snap a tip during the build by dropping the bloody thing, that’s not a fault with the set, that’s just me being cack-handed.

Similar sets are available in either a larger size range, such as 0.3 upwards, or size specific, such as a box of 10 x 0.1mm

Worth adding to your tool box.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
0.1mm is seriously small.

the risk there would be any slight deformation and your drill is not going to run true giving you a far larger hole than desired.

Some of my drill bits come in blister packs and even the act of removing them from the pack is enough to deform them and they are way bigger.

0.1mm is seriously small.

the risk there would be any slight deformation and your drill is not going to run true giving you a far larger hole than desired.

Some of my drill bits come in blister packs and even the act of removing them from the pack is enough to deform them and they are way bigger.
Well, I did mention they were “very” delicate :) The 0.1mm ones I brought an extra box of 10 due to breaking them just getting them out of the box in the past

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Helpful hint, if you ever want to look for dental drill bits, google dental burs rather than drill bits.

We have a vast array of different shapes, different shanks and different materials.

Latest Threads