• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Mick jagger

even clive woodward..but no sorry he is the manger/coach it is what talent is availble at the time.. just my POV ..bu there again what would i know about talent..i'm a jock :D

I've always been against musicians/actors/sportsmen getting honours like this: the bastards are overpaid prima donnas as it is, like that big puff smelton john

V

vespa

i always thought that mick jagger is a cnut and should start dating women of his own age for once instead girls young enough to be his daughter to the point where its so embarassing :roll:

he is also a 2 faced prima donna who postponed the date so it doesn't clash with other people more famous than him , if i was the queen i would have told him to come on this date or don't get your knighthood and fcuk off by the way

I thought it was just me who is angry about this. What has Jagger done for this country? Does he doing anything for charity? Does he hoard his millions? I agree with Shotgun. The likes of the famous getting this type of award for being famous is wannk. Everyday in Britain (and the world), there's hero's doing work that they don't get any recognition for. Doctors looking for the cure for cancer. Tireless charity workers. Nurses working double shifts in A&E. Etc, the list is long. It would be nice to know if Jagger contributes something back to this country, apart from keeping the music business in, business.

This cropped up elsewhere, and please forgive me for repeating myself, but sadly, I think you're right in criticising this award. There's a reason for it, which curiously you won't find many parallels for in other European or Western countries. It's the same reason which puts a pile of poo on a pedestal in Trafalgar Square (whichever of the six(?) piles of poo they choose, it really makes no difference), and the same reason why awful, ugly, unpleasant and depressing rubbish is feted as 'art' at the Tate Modern, and wins prizes in Turner's name. It's the same reason why the most respected traditions of the country are increasingly treated with contempt and derision, and the reason why the United Kingdom is loathed by an increasing number of its' denizens, many of whom seem to feel no sort of loyalty towards its' institutions. It is undoubtedly the same reason why a government which places a spurious quality of 'modernisation' before the professional and personal needs of the people in the Armed Forces - and presumably feels that the population will somehow benefit thereby - is in power.

Singers of popular songs, actors and other people whose calling is to entertain treat themselves to so many 'awards' cermonies that it's hard to turn on the box in the corner without seeing some pill handing over a meaningless statuette to another pill. Jagger and his ilk (I like his act, mind) should be content with that sort of performance. Unless they have enhanced the quality of our lives by the sort of standards set by our best academics, entrepreneurs, businessmen and public servants, they should not expect to be recognised with them. Particularly if they clearly hold such awards so lightly, and their manners are so abysmal as to turn up at the Palace in trainers.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Shotgun said:
I've always been against musicians/actors/sportsmen getting honours like this: the bastards are overpaid prima donnas as it is, like that big puff smelton john

Don't be too rought on the fat poof Smelton, the poor little lamb's now got 'a strange wasting disease.' Of course his PR mob have called it something different, they claim he's got some form of metal poisoning. I think they could well be right.

Apparently his quack found traces of Mercury up his arrse... :?

:wink:

Brucefeller said:
This cropped up elsewhere, and please forgive me for repeating myself, but sadly, I think you're right in criticising this award. There's a reason for it, which curiously you won't find many parallels for in other European or Western countries. It's the same reason which puts a pile of poo on a pedestal in Trafalgar Square (whichever of the six(?) piles of poo they choose, it really makes no difference), and the same reason why awful, ugly, unpleasant and depressing rubbish is feted as 'art' at the Tate Modern, and wins prizes in Turner's name. It's the same reason why the most respected traditions of the country are increasingly treated with contempt and derision, and the reason why the United Kingdom is loathed by an increasing number of its' denizens, many of whom seem to feel no sort of loyalty towards its' institutions. It is undoubtedly the same reason why a government which places a spurious quality of 'modernisation' before the professional and personal needs of the people in the Armed Forces - and presumably feels that the population will somehow benefit thereby - is in power.

Singers of popular songs, actors and other people whose calling is to entertain treat themselves to so many 'awards' cermonies that it's hard to turn on the box in the corner without seeing some pill handing over a meaningless statuette to another pill. Jagger and his ilk (I like his act, mind) should be content with that sort of performance. Unless they have enhanced the quality of our lives by the sort of standards set by our best academics, entrepreneurs, businessmen and public servants, they should not expect to be recognised with them. Particularly if they clearly hold such awards so lightly, and their manners are so abysmal as to turn up at the Palace in trainers.
So, without sounding like an anarchist, you mean that celebrities (and the like) live in their own little world, oblivious to the fact that when the common person (you and me) look in, all we see is egotistic, spoilt, prima donnas, wrapped up in their own self importance?

Gunny Highway said:
So, without sounding like an anarchist, you mean that celebrities (and the like) live in their own little world, oblivious to the fact that when the common person (you and me) look in, all we see is egotistic, spoilt, prima donnas, wrapped up in their own self importance?
The thought never entered my head. I saw a lot of egotistic, spoilt, prima donnas wrapped up in their own self importance chasing gongs when I was in the service, mind.

Brucefeller said:
Gunny Highway said:
The thought never entered my head. I saw a lot of egotistic, spoilt, prima donnas wrapped up in their own self importance chasing gongs when I was in the service, mind.
It entered my head. Some of them need to come back down to Earth.

Wait for it. One of these days, says I, we'll see Boy George or someone like him ennobled for the simple reason that he (?) represents a 'minority' group. ......and then I realised that we already have a few of those: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1047062.stm. Not that I have anything much against homosexuals, or Indians, or people who open their boiled eggs from the wrong end. I just don't think that these qualities or traits form a reasonable justification for placing them in the legislature over people with (for instance) advanced legal qualifications. Nor do I think that being able to sing in tune is any basis for an OBE. Tone obviously does, though; that's the New Labour Project all over.

How come the media is full of Jaggers getting gongs, but nothing of men and women looking for the cure for cancer, or the copper who smashes drug gangs, or nurses who do double shifts in A&E, or ordinary men and women who contribute much more to society then the one's who kick a ball in a net, sing a song or display a dead cow in an art gallery?

Must admit, I was more interested in the dog who got the animal VC, then Feckleham and Jagger. And talking of Feckham, why did he bring that woman with him? It was his day, but she did more possing and pouting then all the blokes down the local Gay Village. And why was she stood with her legs crossed? Was she:

a. Dieing to fart?

b. Bursting for a pee?

I think this nonsense started with Bob Geldof's KBE and grew legs.

The fat raving pub piano player got one and Paul McCartney. McCartney is a quality song writer but doesn't deserve a knighthood any more than Mick Jagger. Bowie will be next, he's done enough drugs!

Trainers at the palace! If Prince Philip was there he'd have fcuked Jagger off.

If rock musos are going to get knighthoods, choose musos who have a few more strings to his/her bow (pun!) and have a bit of grey matter and decorum.

Robert Fripp, Ian Anderson and Rick Wakeman would be deserving cases. As senior as Bowie etc. but not as well known. Fripp and Anderson have always been anti drugs though Rick Wakeman once drank for the the British Olymic Team. (His words)

If Canadians can get UK knighthoods, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart (collectively Rush) would be deserving Knights. None of the aforementioned musos have hotel wrecking, coke snorting, groupie shagging personalities, nor do they strut around like the big "I am" or wear stupid clothes (okay okay capes, codpieces and kaftans have been sighted) so they escape media interest. Their services have been to music, not to themselves. So I'm an idealist.

The Knighthood is devalued when halfwits and shouty scran bags are getting them. Bliar and his gang dish them out so the kids will think Tone is a groovy guy. 8)

Geldof got his for live aid so derserved . the rest can get lost honours should be given to people who acheive stuff not just become famous and make shed loads of money though dosent jagger contribute to the charity the lord taveners what ever that is?

woody said:
Geldof got his for live aid so derserved . the rest can get lost honours should be given to people who acheive stuff not just become famous and make shed loads of money though dosent jagger contribute to the charity the lord taveners what ever that is?
Please, sorry to disagree, yes live aid was a very worthy cause, but how many "ordinary folk" have given up years of there lifes raising funds for charities and holding down real jobs at the same time with no recognition whats so ever.............agree with all the others on this thread, sorry they have thier millions in the bank to comfort them and is adequate recognition for doing a job they love to do , who else apart from servicemen (should get some incoming, from certain quarters 8O ) can say that, most people do charity work out of a desire to help not be recognised and help rejuvinate a flagging career :!:

And Jagger is the biggest t*sspot of the lot, done absolutely nothing :lol:

Latest Threads