Mick Flynn, off to the front line at 50

"Squadron Corporal-Major Mick Flynn is Britain’s most highly decorated frontline soldier. In a career that has spanned four decades and taken him from Northern Ireland to the Falklands, Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan, he has experienced some of the fiercest fighting and received two of the highest possible awards for bravery."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article7143702.ece

Anyone read the book?

Was on tour with him in 79, and at the ambush he describes. He was in another Squadron to what i was with at the time, but i remember him more for pre-NI training and the naafi raid :)

Turret_Monster said:
"In the Falklands he killed for the first time.."

Not a Pucara by any chance?
No

Thanks J-D thought it was wireless?

sorry being thick and not knowing the weird rank (weird to me anyway) is this guy commisioned as they keep refering to him as Major however later on he goes on about being an NCO?

Household Cavalry

Corporal Of Horse = Sergeant

Squadron Corporal Major = WO2 (Company Sergeant Major)

OK now???

soldierboy7999 said:
sorry being thick and not knowing the weird rank (weird to me anyway) is this guy commisioned as they keep refering to him as Major however later on he goes on about being an NCO?
He's a WO, Company Sergeant Major.

RoyogtheRovers said:
Obviousley a very brave man, but surely he cant be Britains most highly decorated while Beharry is still serving.
The press always come out with 'most decorated man'. I know of another with the CGC and MC.

RoyogtheRovers said:
Obviousley a very brave man, but surely he cant be Britains most highly decorated while Beharry is still serving.
They're calling him "Britain’s most highly decorated frontline soldier".
It's just typically sensationalist journalism.

jack-daniels said:
RoyogtheRovers said:
The press always come out with 'most decorated man'. I know of another with the CGC and MC.
When that quote originally came out it was correct.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hols4Heroes Charity Auctions 6
F Aviation 8
B RLC 23