Michael Yon with the Brits

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by OldRedCap, May 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. bleh, you beat me to it.

This story is even better than the first.

2. Extremely good sharp-end reportage - again.

Well done Yon! Keep it up . . . . .

3. Very good article all round there.

Keep up the good work.

4. AFTER READING THAT AND THE LAST STORY IT JUST MAKES ME MORE PROUD TO BE BRITISH AND KNOW BRITISH TROOPS ARE THE BEST IN THE WORLD. NUFF SAID...

5. Extremely well written again Michael and dont worry when you wrote in the article:

[Just get on with the story, you say! Well this is what it was like sitting on that berm!]

I dont think anyone wanted to rush your excellent account of what took place, I for one was on the edge of my seat. Once again why cant we get British reporters like this telling what they see and show respect to all ranks?

Well Done

6. Excellent reporting and a fine job by our troops.

I hope Tony and Gordon are proud of the savings they've made.

7. Dunno that you could class Michael as a "reporter", more of a "writer" methinks - and I'll be buying his book when it's published - and he's certainly not a "Journo"!

Anyway, how many Brit writers, or even journos if it comes to that, have served at the sharp end as soldiers?

From what I've read so far, Michael certainly fits in with whichever unit he's accompanying, be they Brits or US, and is accepted by all ranks.

Good stuff Michael and thanks for telling it as it is...

8. Possibly a 21st century Hemingway -but without the self obsessed dick waving ?

Fantastic reportage.

9. Listening to the voices on the vidoe clip, it could have been a live-fire exercise on Salisbury Plain.

Hats off.

10. Except the government won't pay for ammunition for training as reported in the article. :frustrated:

I take your point mind!

11. Absolutely amazing! (again!)

12. Great article, although C Coy 1 YORKS may be a bit miffed - almost enough to start the Wars of the Roses.

13. Fantastic writing by Mr Yon (as ever) and an interesting example of an all-arms operation involving numerous ISTAR assets & direct/indirect fires.

14. Fires = US-speak (at least it did 3 and a bit years ago); and I would not see us - yet - as an arm of the US military.

In the British Army, Direct or Indirect, surely the word used is still "Fire" whether Singular or Plural? :?