• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Michael Yon Reports on 2 Para

There is a new posting from Michael Yon discussing C Company 2 Para in Stan, titled Death in the Corn (Part I of III). He always covers aspects that the other journalists wouldn't dare cover (mainly because they would have to be uncomfortable for an extended period of time). Really like the quote from Genghis Khan in the one picture!

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
The hockey rink - it's in Khandahar Airfield, home to more Brits than Canucks. It's not exactly icy, either, at this time of year........

Another good story from Mr Yon, he's been on the case for us since a couple of years ago - read his stuff from Basra, it's really excellent.

A top piece of reporting as usual, this guy is excellent, well worth donating too, he isnt scared of roughing it either, nor being in harms way even if unintentionally (he also spells better than me)

scarletto said:
A top piece of reporting as usual, this guy is excellent, well worth donating too, he isnt scared of roughing it either, nor being in harms way even if unintentionally (he also spells better than me)
What he said ^.

Like the taches the blokes are growing in one of the photos!!

KGB_resident said:
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2045:death-in-the-corn-part-i-of-iii&catid=34:dispatches&Itemid=55

T-Shirt with inspirational literature at Gib.
So mr.Yon expose British soldiers as cold blooded killers, rapists and bas+ards.
And today KGB-resident is posing as a mong, class-1 i must say, grow up KGB

scarletto said:
KGB_resident said:
http://www.michaelyon-online.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2045:death-in-the-corn-part-i-of-iii&catid=34:dispatches&Itemid=55

T-Shirt with inspirational literature at Gib.
So mr.Yon expose British soldiers as cold blooded killers, rapists and bas+ards.
And today KGB-resident is posing as a mong, class-1 i must say, grow up KGB
These T-Shirts first appeared in about 86, they were from 5's Wine Bar in Aldershot and there used to be a lot more wrote on them. Collectors item!

interesting comment from mr Yon.

The convoy would be self-sufficient for a ten-day mission. With British helicopter assets already stretched far beyond anything that could be termed acceptable, resupply would cut into operations elsewhere. In other words, they would have to get by with what they had.

ABrighter2006 said:
Well written piece by Yon.

KGB - are you going all Human Rights on us again?!

I picked up on that para as well Ski - best face it, Yon is not Des Browne. :x
granted I'm a civvie, but Tony Blair's promise that soldiers in AFG would get everything they requested is a lie that really stings. With every soldier that falls to an IED, I can't help but think that maybe they would have been OK if they had helo transport.

Latest Threads