Michael Yon Reports on 2 Para

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ECMO1, Sep 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a new posting from Michael Yon discussing C Company 2 Para in Stan, titled Death in the Corn (Part I of III). He always covers aspects that the other journalists wouldn't dare cover (mainly because they would have to be uncomfortable for an extended period of time). Really like the quote from Genghis Khan in the one picture!
  2. another Brilliant report
  3. the next story down is a bit of a contrast, the Brit's are living in mud houses and the Canadians have a hocky rink where they are, hehe
  4. That is some very good reporting, shame it is not more mainstream
  5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

The hockey rink - it's in Khandahar Airfield, home to more Brits than Canucks. It's not exactly icy, either, at this time of year........

Another good story from Mr Yon, he's been on the case for us since a couple of years ago - read his stuff from Basra, it's really excellent.
  6. A top piece of reporting as usual, this guy is excellent, well worth donating too, he isnt scared of roughing it either, nor being in harms way even if unintentionally (he also spells better than me)
  7. What he said ^.

Like the taches the blokes are growing in one of the photos!!
  8. Oh Jeez....
  9. And today KGB-resident is posing as a mong, class-1 i must say, grow up KGB
  10. Fair sir, your kind comment extremely pleased your obedient servant.
  11. These T-Shirts first appeared in about 86, they were from 5's Wine Bar in Aldershot and there used to be a lot more wrote on them. Collectors item!
  12. KGB, not met many Para's have you?
  13. Thats only the back of the tshirt-you should see the front!
  14. Is it just me or has Sergy's English become worse recently?

Edited, ironically, for spelling.