Michael Yon on the British Army - Men of Valor Part 8

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Gun_Nut, Nov 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't think that this has been posted yet - another excellent article about the British Army by US blogger Michael Yon.

Men of Valor

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Brilliant Article. Clear and very well written.

3. I read an article of his whilst out on Telic this year. Very articulate, honest and thorough in detail

An honest journalist? against all the odds... Yes

4. I concur, excellent!

5. Actually he's ex special forces turned blogger. Excellent writer and photographer.

6. I have a lot of respect for Michael as a writer and as an individual. I met him in Baghdad earlier this year, just after his first stint with us in Basra and his articles on Op Arrezzo etc had appeared. He had the utmost respect for the guys that he had served with (and also liked the Brit sense of humour).

Statistically there was more chance of him dying out there than me, especially as he is one of the few journos to go outside the wire regularly and into the hotspots, rather than interview people after the events - good luck to him.

I look forward to reading the rest of his Men of Valor (Valour) posts if this is the first of 8.

7. Michael Yon has now published parts 2 and 3 of his 'Men of Valor' series about the British Army in Basra.

Part 2 Link

Part 3 Link

8. Absolutely Awesome.

9. Yon,s stuff is right on the money, his blood is worth bottling.

And spot on for Princess of Wales, that should endear her a bit more.

10. *cough Dutchess of Cornwall, a proper Royal.

11. Here's the latest installment from Michael Yon's series on the British Army in Iraq.

Men of Valor Part IV

12. There is some awesome war reporting going on here. It is Pulitzer standard. An American embedded with Brits really telling it like it is. Brilliant. Great reading. I hope her Maj gives him something.

13. The British Army often gets a rather negative US press. Yon's blogging up hill in taking an interest. Someone respectable should recommend him for a gong.